Assou-Ekotto avoids FA action

Jasondh

Benoit Assou-Ekotto will face no action over the challenge which forced Franco Di Santo out of Wigan's 3-1 Premier League defeat at Tottenham.

The Football Association confirmed on Wednesday referee Lee Probert had seen the incident which left Latics striker Di Santo with a large cut on his shin and led to his 74th-minute substitution at White Hart Lane on Tuesdat.

Because Probert chose to take no action at the time, the FA will not punish Spurs left-back Assou-Ekotto retrospectively.

Wigan boss Roberto Martinez said on Tuesday night: "It was a red card. It was high. Big decisions against us seem to get forgotten too easily.

"I was shocked and surprised when Lee Probert didn't show the red card because he was in a great position.

"We were very fortunate because Franco escaped the tackle with a minor injury and I've seen broken legs from (tackles like) that.''

------------

So he admits he saw it but isn't big enough to say that he made a mistake and should have given a red. i.e. he didn't see it properly.

Situations like these are really starting to get to me.

Surely the tackle should have been punished so regardless of what he thought he saw he clearly didn't see it properly.

Just like Webb was looking at Mario and didn't see it?????

Jasondh said:
Benoit Assou-Ekotto will face no action over the challenge which forced Franco Di Santo out of Wigan's 3-1 Premier League defeat at Tottenham.

The Football Association confirmed on Wednesday referee Lee Probert had seen the incident which left Latics striker Di Santo with a large cut on his shin and led to his 74th-minute substitution at White Hart Lane on Tuesdat.

Because Probert chose to take no action at the time, the FA will not punish Spurs left-back Assou-Ekotto retrospectively.

Wigan boss Roberto Martinez said on Tuesday night: "It was a red card. It was high. Big decisions against us seem to get forgotten too easily.

"I was shocked and surprised when Lee Probert didn't show the red card because he was in a great position.

"We were very fortunate because Franco escaped the tackle with a minor injury and I've seen broken legs from (tackles like) that.''

------------

So he admits he saw it but isn't big enough to say that he made a mistake and should have given a red. i.e. he didn't see it properly.

Situations like these are really starting to get to me.

Surely the tackle should have been punished so regardless of what he thought he saw he clearly didn't see it properly.

Just like Webb was looking at Mario and didn't see it?????

I agree with that, he clearly didnt see it otherwise he would have sent him off, a shocking tackle!!

However, you cant be certain at all that webb didnt see mario's 'kick'

Well the ref wasn't pressurised by watching a loop of the incident on the hour every hour that's sky for you they are fucking scum

Like I keep saying retrospective action should be taken away from refs, it should have nothing to do with them it should be an independent panel that assesses them and decides on the action required.

If it was a bad tackle it should be punished or if it was a bad decision by the ref they should be overturned.

To be fair refs have one hell of a job and surely cannot see everything and make the correct decision every time (we all make mistakes) that is why they should not be held accountable it should simply be a mistake move on and let the panel sort it out on a Monday morning. No waiting for reports from refs just watch the tapes from the weekend’s games and decide if any decision needs making.

It would make things easier and if the same (say 10 for example) people watch the games every week you will get consistency in the punishments being handed out.

This would not cost a fortune would not affect the games being played and could be implemented at the start of next season without any rule changes. (the one the FA keep hiding behind is not in the rule book)

****Rant Over!!

LawsBackHeel said:
Like I keep saying retrospective action should be taken away from refs, it should have nothing to do with them it should be an independent panel that assesses them and decides on the action required.

If it was a bad tackle it should be punished or if it was a bad decision by the ref they should be overturned.

To be fair refs have one hell of a job and surely cannot see everything and make the correct decision every time (we all make mistakes) that is why they should not be held accountable it should simply be a mistake move on and let the panel sort it out on a Monday morning. No waiting for reports from refs just watch the tapes from the weekend’s games and decide if any decision needs making.

It would make things easier and if the same (say 10 for example) people watch the games every week you will get consistency in the punishments being handed out.

This would not cost a fortune would not affect the games being played and could be implemented at the start of next season without any rule changes. (the one the FA keep hiding behind is not in the rule book)

****Rant Over!!
A citing system and panel as in rugby is the only solution. Perhaps we could get someone at the club to suggest it kind of "off the cuff" in an interview

It was his standing leg as well, I wonder what the FA would do if it had broken?

DB9jt.png

The FA are obviously quite happy for someone to receive a broken leg then...if tackles like that are not clamped down on we are in big trouble. Fair Play lmfao

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.