Assou-Ekotto avoids FA action

Jasondh said:
Crouchinho said:
Di Santo was too quick for Ekotto, he pushed the ball out with the outside of his foot and Ekotto was late. Ekotto isn't a malicious player, never has been.

Most Spurs fans said it was an awful challenge and it was, but not deliberate.

This has nothing to do with Spurs and the above post is a load of bollocks really. We've had terrible refereeing decisions this season, Kaboul was sent off for no reason and that wasn't rescinded either, not to mention previous games where refs have been shocking. People have short memories really

Wonderful sentiment and I'm sure he is a lovely lad but.................. it was a red card 100%

The danger in the tackle is clear to see whether or not he meant to hurt him. If you tackle like this you might break someones leg.

Mistimed challenges are never really called up by the FA. If that's the case they're going to be really busy. Only a Ramsey/Eduardo situation are they ever involved.

Crouchinho said:
Jasondh said:
Crouchinho said:
Di Santo was too quick for Ekotto, he pushed the ball out with the outside of his foot and Ekotto was late. Ekotto isn't a malicious player, never has been.

Most Spurs fans said it was an awful challenge and it was, but not deliberate.

This has nothing to do with Spurs and the above post is a load of bollocks really. We've had terrible refereeing decisions this season, Kaboul was sent off for no reason and that wasn't rescinded either, not to mention previous games where refs have been shocking. People have short memories really

Wonderful sentiment and I'm sure he is a lovely lad but.................. it was a red card 100%

The danger in the tackle is clear to see whether or not he meant to hurt him. If you tackle like this you might break someones leg.

Mistimed challenges are never really called up by the FA. If that's the case they're going to be really busy. Only a Ramsey/Eduardo situation are they ever involved.

That's not really the point, it was dangerous and the contact reminds me a lot of the David Bustt (sp?) incident. If you have not seen it google it (if you have a strong stomach).

I have no doubt that the rag player (Irwin?) did not go in to cause that type of career ending damage but when you tackle like this you always run the risk of that kind of outcome.

De Jong's challenge broke a players leg without no FA charge. Mistimed challenges aren't always called back.

There are many many mistimed challenges every week.

All this victim stuff FA picking on you is a bit far-fetched and very Scouser like. It's as if people are saying Spurs have never had a decision against them.

For every shocking Kompany/Kaboul sending off, you get the rub of the green with Lescott/Ekotto

City Raider said:
right, so if you're a decent bloke whose timing is slightly off, the fa don't mind - ycmiu

Or if you're a decent bloke who "plays the game properly" the FA don't mind you either (Crouch eye gouge)

Crouchinho said:
De Jong's challenge broke a players leg without no FA charge. Mistimed challenges aren't always called back.

There are many many mistimed challenges every week.

All this victim stuff FA picking on you is a bit far-fetched and very Scouser like. It's as if people are saying Spurs have never had a decision against them.

For every shocking Kompany/Kaboul sending off, you get the rub of the green with Lescott/Ekotto
So, did it deserve a red?

But moreover, what's this got to do with being scouser like, we're talking about a dangerous challenge and the lack of action from any within authority. You've seen what has been published on this site, why try to aggrevate it more with such comments? Seems you're getting a little flustered, seems you are defending your player, seems that you are Scouser like.

Jasondh said:
Benoit Assou-Ekotto will face no action over the challenge which forced Franco Di Santo out of Wigan's 3-1 Premier League defeat at Tottenham.

The Football Association confirmed on Wednesday referee Lee Probert had seen the incident which left Latics striker Di Santo with a large cut on his shin and led to his 74th-minute substitution at White Hart Lane on Tuesdat.

Because Probert chose to take no action at the time, the FA will not punish Spurs left-back Assou-Ekotto retrospectively.

Wigan boss Roberto Martinez said on Tuesday night: "It was a red card. It was high. Big decisions against us seem to get forgotten too easily.

"I was shocked and surprised when Lee Probert didn't show the red card because he was in a great position.

"We were very fortunate because Franco escaped the tackle with a minor injury and I've seen broken legs from (tackles like) that.''

------------

So he admits he saw it but isn't big enough to say that he made a mistake and should have given a red. i.e. he didn't see it properly.

Situations like these are really starting to get to me.

Surely the tackle should have been punished so regardless of what he thought he saw he clearly didn't see it properly.

Just like Webb was looking at Mario and didn't see it?????

oh come on, what did you expect?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.