Aston Villa (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

I still think we'll win the league. I think the break for the World Club thing will do us good. Teams have worked out how to play us and negate Haaland more than last year but I have faith in Pep. We just need to hang on in there and use our experience to claw back the points on the home straight.

Hopefully Pep can take the positives from the game such as Stones, Rico & Alverez cannot be part of a midfield 4. I bet Phillips was laughing his socks off!
we got what we deserved and I think we are in for a tough Winter without reinforcements.
Philips always looks like he's laughing his socks off.
Must be the splinters in his bum

22 shots against 2 in favour of Villa

Depsite everything that's already been said, about tiredness, the treble, our form

That stat above is actually embarrassing

No matter how bad we are, we shouldn't never have our opponents hit 11 TIMES the amount of shots we had
That's the kind of stat that should be in our favour on Sunday

Without KDB, non of our players have either the vision, or the will, to kill a high defensive line with passes behind through to Haaland.

Drive's me mad, because Haaland is the perfect striker to play against a high defensive line. We've played against a few lately, and the lack of service into him is a joke. He's making the runs along the line but the pass never comes, I'd be fuming if I was him
Looking at him sometimes after he makes a run, you can tell he's mad. I realize that its a 50-50 ball and that is not how Pep plays. But we need to start taking chances here. The Villa game is no doubt going to be a blueprint for other teams going forward.

22 shots against 2 in favour of Villa

Depsite everything that's already been said, about tiredness, the treble, our form

That stat above is actually embarrassing

No matter how bad we are, we shouldn't never have our opponents hit 11 TIMES the amount of shots we had
Its a stunning stat!! I bet we werent ever that bad during the dark days of the 80’s and 90’s…..

I still think we'll win the league. I think the break for the World Club thing will do us good. Teams have worked out how to play us and negate Haaland more than last year but I have faith in Pep. We just need to hang on in there and use our experience to claw back the points on the home straight.
Negate haaland ? He missed a total sitter last night ( and the second chance ) and 2 v spurs. We are justnin a rut , 1-11

I stayed to the end to applaud the players off but I can't recall seeing the man who has been questioning the fans recently showing his appreciation to the fans that had spent there hard earned money and took time off work. Or did I just not see him???

And they replaced him with who? Alvarez, Kovacic, Rico, you? The midfield 4 that won the treble was KDB, Gundo, Rodri, and Stones. Today it was Rico, Alvarez, Akanji, and Stones. If you let someone of his status leave you make damn sure you have a viable replacement if you want to maintain your level...

BTW, I could give two fucks about Gundo's wife...
That’s the spirit!

Looking at him sometimes after he makes a run, you can tell he's mad. I realize that its a 50-50 ball and that is not how Pep plays. But we need to start taking chances here. The Villa game is no doubt going to be a blueprint for other teams going forward.
Apart from KDB, I think the only other player with the vision and ability to pick a forward pass into Haaland is Foden, but it means playing him as a 10 and not out wide. He'd also have to be given license to play that way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.