Aston Villa (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

I have a feeling that a few of our recent signings may well here for the money and nothing else.

Phillips and Nunes are nowhere near elite standard and I suspect they are both well aware of it. I've spoken with Leeds and Wolves fans who can't believe that City signed them for any fee, saying they're just not good enough for top level.

As for Kovacic, he's been there and done it at top level but was effectively surplus to requirements at Chelsea. He and his agent must have been rubbing their hands together when City moved in for him. His last big payday - probably totally unexpected.

Of the three, only Kovacic looks like he has a decent game in him at top level.

The others aren't necessarily a waste of money, (other than wages) because we'll probably get more for them than we paid as prices go even more ridiculous.
Players often come to City and improve we very rarely get the fully fledged player but they do need time to adapt

I have a feeling that a few of our recent signings may well here for the money and nothing else.

Phillips and Nunes are nowhere near elite standard and I suspect they are both well aware of it. I've spoken with Leeds and Wolves fans who can't believe that City signed them for any fee, saying they're just not good enough for top level.

As for Kovacic, he's been there and done it at top level but was effectively surplus to requirements at Chelsea. He and his agent must have been rubbing their hands together when City moved in for him. His last big payday - probably totally unexpected.

Of the three, only Kovacic looks like he has a decent game in him at top level.

The others aren't necessarily a waste of money, (other than wages) because we'll probably get more for them than we paid as prices go even more ridiculous.
Not saying they're a waste of money - just not of the standard we should have been extending to - given who we were losing and having finally reached the summit that we wanted to protect - not relinquish immediately.
Maybe the ongoing legalities sidetracked us - but a terrible window.
I keep banging on about Phillips - that for me is the weirdest one. His treatment is very un Pep like - puzzling as every month or 2 he plays a decent international match. Rather see him than the current toast of the terraces - "Nico Lad", on the team sheet.
Yep they're different - but the selection treatment couldn't be more contrasting.
The Leeds fans I talk too can't believe we don't give him a chance.

Im hoping KDB and pep are cooking up some masterplan to redefine his role so the best player ever to pull on the shirt can see out his last years with us with less stress on his aging body
He can play in behind Haaland where Alvarez is except be 1000 times more effective in opening teams up and making teams pay for allowing themselves to be caught 3 v 3 and 4 v 4 like they're getting away with at the moment. The byplay between himself and big Erl was devastating last year. The way they took Arsenal apart remains fresh in my mind...
I can't wait to see what he cooks up with his young countryman either...

Players often come to City and improve we very rarely get the fully fledged player but they do need time to adapt

I don't think we can keep relying on that old chestnut. These are supposed to be top class professional footballers, but we treat them like they’ve come on an apprenticeship.

Kovacic I can understand, but the other two are mind bogglingly average players.

I find it hard to believe that we weren't prepared to give the likes of Douglas Luiz and Romeo Lavia the opportunity and time to adapt at City.

Not saying they're a waste of money - just not of the standard we should have been extending to - given who we were losing and having finally reached the summit that we wanted to protect - not relinquish immediately.
Maybe the ongoing legalities sidetracked us - but a terrible window.
I keep banging on about Phillips - that for me is the weirdest one. His treatment is very un Pep like - puzzling as every month or 2 he plays a decent international match. Rather see him than the current toast of the terraces - "Nico Lad", on the team sheet.
Yep they're different - but the selection treatment couldn't be more contrasting.
The Leeds fans I talk too can't believe we don't give him a chance.
The only time we have been half decent without big Rod was the 2nd half v Forest after he got the red. With Phillips coming on for him. How much worse could Villa have been with him in midfield?

He can play in behind Haaland where Alvarez is except be 1000 times more effective in opening teams up and making teams pay for allowing themselves to be caught 3 v 3 and 4 v 4 like they're getting away with at the moment. The byplay between himself and big Erl was devastating last year. The way they took Arsenal apart remains fresh in my mind...
I can't wait to see what he cooks up with his young countryman either...
Yeah i just said a deeper roll but this could also work

Ok ok tongue in cheek time folks.

I am sending a message to the team that the last game of the season (if the date doesn’t change) is my birthday and the only present I really want is for City to be Champions again. OK? So team get your skates on lads and get it sorted!! ;-) :-)

I was thinking I might go hospitality but I’m not forking out money for that if we’re not going to be celebrating!!!

We dropped a stinker. But.., we had a flimsy midfield away from home to a team that is pretty decent these days. See where we are in March.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.