Aston Villa (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

Everyone saying it’s the defence they got peppered all game and only conceded a deflected goal, the midfield is a shambles and that is on pep. Who would pick that midfield, our most experienced players out wide in Phil and Bernado, then Alvarez & Lewis in CM, absolute madness, then he put Lewis RW, he can’t get across the pitch to be a midfielder.
Well he's got to give Phillips a chance really imo. He said he would pre match.
He better sort it come Sunday at 2pm with a strenghtened side -a must win game

FUCK ME

just seen United are only 3 points behind us
Aye, and Brighton only 5 behind ! Newcastle could be one behind if they win their game in hand tomorrow, which they probably will against Everton, and we'll probably be level with a depleted Spuds by tomorrow evening too.
But being so close to the swamp dwellers is genuinely depressing as fuck considering how utterly shit they've been. That one does hurt.

That midfield was awful no physical presence bar stones. We look rudderless at present. Not being funny but I’m a little embarrassed by how Phillips is being treated absolutely no way he’d have done worse than Rico Nunes or Kovacic alongside Stones tonight. It’s actually humiliating for the lad to be sitting there seeing us struggle in midfield and to not even get minutes in a game like that
Agree with all that but tonight showed how threadbare the squad is.

Big January now because we can’t go to pieces every time Dad bod Rod is out ,the midfield is non existent & defense resembles the keystone cops

2 points from 4 games is not good enough. This was the worst I’ve seen us play in a long time. Only 2 shots on goal as well. Summer transfers coming back to bite us. That’s what happens when you get your 4th choice midfielder.
3 mate

Some players need a spell on the bench in my humble opinion. Dias, Gvardiol and Alvarez. They’re all 3 top top footballers but look disjointed at the moment. On a positive though, Arsenal go there this weekend. We go to Luton. Could be back within 3 and even the potential to be top again at Christmas with the scousers and Arsenal playing.
Liverpool are the bigger threat than Arsenal imho and Villa won’t play as well at weekend they won’t be playing a team that’s really struggling for a start

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.