Aston Villa (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

Some players need a spell on the bench in my humble opinion. Dias, Gvardiol and Alvarez. They’re all 3 top top footballers but look disjointed at the moment. On a positive though, Arsenal go there this weekend. We go to Luton. Could be back within 3 and even the potential to be top again at Christmas with the scousers and Arsenal playing.

i think the stats exc the score in that game are possibly the most dismal for 10 years?
Pep look totally despondent at the end.
Villa 29 shots
City 4
well done to all the blues that went down and had to suffer that malarkey just like my son who booked a day off work to do so.

Outplayed by a Villa team that is in a rich vein of form and they will give the Goons a game at the weekend , just one too many injuries and suspensions for us ,and at the end of the day we lose to another deflected goal. This result only confirms that our squad is paper thin and we are carrying players like Phillips and Nunes £100m wasted.
If we can get our strongest team on the pitch then it will be game on in 2024 , but we are just going to concentrate on keeping in touching distance of the leaders until then , we have a nice run of games coming up and even with a depleted squad quite sure we will be within a few points by the new year.
Impressed with Villa but i dont see them challenging , they f*ck up at Bournemouth and then play their game of the season against us , bu tthey will take points of our challengers
Agree with all you say. Just wondering whether we should focus on retaining the CL with a fit team rather than go all out for the PL ? I know things can change in 2024 so who knows.

Tonight is already history. We move on...and hopefully have fucking learnt from tonight. Rodders and Jack back, hopefully Doku, I've not seen whether he's likely to be back or not. Win our next four, Arsenal got to go to Villa and Liverpool. Let's see where we are in early January with Kev back.

So many looked well under par tonight. We were lucky it was only one nil. And the defence has looked Sunday League for the last few games apart from Ake.

Not putting Doku in this category but the new signings haven't really added or replaced anything... yet.

So we're just gonna have to do another mad unbeaten run and win the fucking lot again. Fingers crossed!
Not with that team……

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.