Aston Villa (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

Worst we’ve played for several years.

There’s been a clear lethargy and malaise the last few games but tonight was worryingly abject.

I told you all Kovacic and Nunes were shit before we even bought them.

Kovacic is that poor he literally refuses to use his left foot under any circumstances.

I have no idea what Nunes is. He certainly isn’t a Manchester City midfielder.

We need Kev back asap and we need Rodri to stop being a dick and getting himself suspended.
Red card totally his fault of course but can’t help feel his yellows especially Sunday are from a mixture of having to make more tactical fouls as he’s lost confidence in the defence behind him and the frustration of that too.

I would've loved Kane in this team
I could bring up old posts but i get a lot wrong ...aside from always saying Kane over Haaland any day. Pep tried to get him first as well. Haaland a buy was to stop Real..so he did help us win us chumps league

Last edited:
2 shots for and 22 against. You can't put that down to one or two players missing. We could genuinely have lost 4 or 5-0 tonight.
Villa were shooting from anywhere. Until 60 min (McGaun action), they didn't have a clear goal action. After that, yeah it was a mess.

Second, we had 3-4 starters missing, not 1 or 2 + another coming back from injury.

Third, we had our 2 most important and best players out.

Fourth, Villa are the best team at home this year.

An awful match, but not a useful one to get any conclusions.

Reactions: OB1
He should, he picked that shambles.
When you look at that bench he probably picked the best available.
Depth is the problem.
Whether that’s down to him or the board I don’t know.
But we’ve not bought game changers imo.
Squad players at best and not even convinced they’re good enough for our bench.

There was a period where Alvarez was undroppable, but it has to end now, not making him a scapegoat but gives ball away far too much, a bit like Haaland he wants balls through to run into and 9/10 score
I think both are below par and probably part of that is the loss of KDB, but we were overrun and are ceding too much control at the moment.

No doubt they’ll both get hat tricks against Luton and we’re chatting about this again after our 2-2 draw against Palace at home.

SUBS | Ortega Moreno, Carson, Phillips, Ake, Kovacic, Gomez, Nunes, Bobb

State of the bench tonight!

The 3 that came on were worse than the 3 fucked players they replaced tonight.

I used to feel sorry for Phillips but if he can't get a game with our problems at the moment then something is seriously wrong.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.