Aston Villa (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

It was, but their win wasn't, for most of the game they dominated, and Ederson kept the score down.

That’s Eddie’s job and he didn’t have any desperately difficult saves to make. Bailey’s shot was hard but straight down his throat. The score was low because Villa’s finishing wasn’t great. Their keeper probably made the best two saves.

They were the better team although we had more possession.

am I the only one who thinks Haalands all round play has improved over the last 6 weeks. Also his energy levels seem to be much better.

Well its a goodnight from me and I leave you with this

The Treble Champions - When Will I See You Again​

I thought Aston Villa were really good tonight, The best I've seen them in a long time and Emery has them playing really good football so fair play to them they were deserved winners tonight.

As for us, I don't know where to start really, That was as bad as it gets since Pep has been here. Leicester 5-2 defeat and Southampton 2-0 defeat always springs to mind when you think of really poor displays and that tonight is right up their with those two games mentioned.

We never looked like getting anything out of that game, We had gaps everywhere, Nothing defensively and nothing going forward...It's very rare you see us out run, out fought and out thought but tonight all three happened.

It's clear as day this system isn't working, Regardless of injuries, The team we had out tonight should still be well able to beat Aston Villa. Pep got done up like a kipper tonight unfortunately.

This season we've dropped off at least 20% all over the pitch, some positions a bit more. We're suffering from the magnificent efforts required to win the treble last season, plus the loss of key players.

Tonight missing from our main team from.last season was Ake, Rodri, Gundogan, De Bruyne and Grealish. It's too much, any team in world football would suffer not having that many top class players available. Add Mahrez's quality and experience into the missing list as well and no wonder we're struggling. We're having to throw too many new arrivals straight into the team as a result and it's showing.

The new signings aside from Doku look underwhelming but that's probably a result of the above. We really need top quality at left back, a replacement for Gundo and Kev ( He's not getting any younger) and somebody who can help Rodri get a rest now and then. Sadly Phil has proved he doesn't have the consistency to fill one of those positions on a permanent basis.

All isn't lost but we HAVE to win the next two games just to hang in there. A couple of our rivals dropping points at the same time would be a bonus. If we drop further points out of the next six and given everything mentioned above I feel we're out of the title race and in a scrap for top four.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.