Aston Villa (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

He’s always been a decent keeper.

I don’t want this to come across as critical (as i fundamentally agree) but I don’t think Edersen in the past has won points for us (in the same way Joe Hart or Seaman, Schmichael or a De Gea has)

The better team won'​

FT: Aston Villa 1-0 Manchester City
74d215d1-1b6a-4091-8523-c65e2179b1e8.jpg

Manchester City
Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola, speaking to Amazon Prime, says: "Aston Villa were better. They played a fantastic game, we struggled to make our process and be more aggressive in moments, but, yes, the better team won.
"We played with our desire but they played better. We struggled, especially in the first half and the second was completely different. In the final third the quality of the pass and the movement, we didn't find it all game.
"They are physical, they made a good block with the pressing. The fact we didn't win the last few games, that's the quality of the Premier League and the teams are exceptional.
"The challenge is to go to Luton and win the game. We know what's our level and as a manager we have to find a way to win games. We're struggling a bit. I'm here to help them."

He would be wasting his time.

Haaland could have been played in numerous times tonight only for we decide to go backwards and sidewards instead.

I don't know why he bothers sometimes.
Would have been better alternative. As it had been mentioned Villa have a highly successful offside trap.

An absolute fucking disgrace.

Have been poor for at least a month.

3 draws, 1 win and only 3 points above the rags.

Abysmal.
Your not a glass half full person are you ? Quite a few of us have witnessed abysmal , this isnt in the same stratosphere . we qualified for the Champs league in first gear , we are within a couple of wins of top spot in the league a a position we have been in many times before at this tage of the season and we have a nice home draw in the FA Cup , cheer up :)

Feels like last season has caught up to us these last few games. The Treble + World cup in one season has to take its toll and I think its showing. Players like Bernardo misplacing simple passes and the lack of movement off the ball was very frustrating and substandard to the levels previously set.
Having Kev and Gundo missing this season is hard to replace in terms of experience and knowledge of the system, as well as immense talent.

As I said….
Fucking nonsense. Check the team when we won there in 2021

So he came off the bench once.

He still knew at the weekend he'd get booked for kicking a ball away. That's what's fucking nonsense and I bet Pep wasn't best pleased with him for it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.