Aston Villa (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

Without Rodri, Pep knew we would struggle so think he rolled the dice. We have two games before the World Club Championship and I think he wanted to just get this one out of the way. The players are running on empty and its starting to show.
Agreed

Due to piss poor recruitment.
Trying to find replacement for the likes of Mahrez and Gundogan was never easy. We've always had a relatively small squad under Pep and once we get 3 or 4 injuries we are down to the bare bones.

Having KDB, Doku, Grealish and Rodri out tonight was a massive problem.

Our lack of strength in depth is a big problem.

I don’t want this to come across as critical (as i fundamentally agree) but I don’t think Edersen in the past has won points for us (in the same way Joe Hart or Seaman, Schmichael or a De Gea has)
He won us the UCL final The last minute save which has been mainly overlooked as it was seconds before the final whistle was a superb one

Well Champions League Final he certainly did but I wouldn’t equate Edersen being a better out and out shot stopper to any of those keepers that I named above

Again this is fine as he brings so much to else and of late he has been showing that part of the game is in his locker (probably because he is facing more shots than ever in his city career)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.