Aston Villa (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

Your not a glass half full person are you ? Quite a few of us have witnessed abysmal , this isnt in the same stratosphere . we qualified for the Champs league in first gear , we are within a couple of wins of top spot in the league a a position we have been in many times before at this tage of the season and we have a nice home draw in the FA Cup , cheer up :)
Compared to our standards now it is!

I’ve seen us in the doldrums of div 2… I was at Wembley 99…

But for what we expect… our form has been abysmal.

Just watched the game on Amazon Prime with a few beers a couple of hours later.
Shocking, shocking performance.
Absolutely no complaints, can't blame the ref this time ( unlike Liverpool or Spurs )we were shit, they were better, they deserved to win.
The goal took a huge deflection but they could have scored before then.
Ofcourse we are missing some top players, but we really cannot play like that against decent teams. Bringing off Foden and Alvarez, two players who actually look like they could do something and bringing on Nunes and Kovacic who seem to offer nothing is quite baffling!!
We all love Pep, but there are now really no excuses for not taking 6 points from Luton and Palace, absolutely must win games!
He took them off cos their tanks were dry.
Dead on the feet.
Phil did 4 amazing lung bursting runs tonight..... cos he gave the ball away

Do you watch our team week after week? Did you watch the CH League final?
I’ve been a season ticket holder since 1982

As an out and out shot stopper you’d take all the aforementioned keepers… the game today is much more than being a out and out shot stopper

The thread is fragmenting - the point I was making is Eddy this season is showing he is a much better shot stopper than we’ve seen as we are relying on him heavily (tonight is a prime example)

Compared to our standards now it is!

I’ve seen us in the doldrums of div 2… I was at Wembley 99…

But for what we expect… our form has been abysmal.
Chelsea , Dippers , Spurs and an improving Villa was always going to be a tough run of games add the injuries and suspensions and there needs some perspective , we have some easier games on the horizon and hopefully Stones , Doku , Rodri and Grealish available for the weekend.
This is a piece of piss compared to York away !!!

Worrying that we had to play 6 defenders on the pitch 2 to fill midfield roles when we had 3 sat on the bench. If we add in Ake and Gomes and the 2 keepers on the bench as well we had 11 defensive players in our match day squad. For the first time in awhile I looked at the subs and thought no one is going to come off that bench and be able win the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.