Aston Villa (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

Villa were outstanding and we had a lot of players out of form. Rodri is so brilliant that when he's not there it stands out a mile. Our remaining elite players who normally minimise the effect of his absence had a collective off-night. The guys are human - plus game changers like Jack and Jeremy missing. You have to go back a long way to find a performance as below par as that. Despite some of the overly excited comments on social media, I'm not worried - we're not an old team that's past its best - we're just looking leggy and out of form............... and under strength. Again, Villa were brilliant - best they've played for about forty years.

3 midfielders on the bench, and a midfield with Lewis and Stones, impossible to win that match with only 4 natural attacking players on the pitch, zero chemistry, the worst performance since Everton. Oh for a David Silva

Villa were outstanding and we had a lot of players out of form. Rodri is so brilliant that when he's not there it stands out a mile. Our remaining elite players who normally minimise the effect of his absence had a collective off-night. The guys are human - plus game changers like Jack and Jeremy missing. You have to go back a long way to find a performance as below par as that. Despite some of the overly excited comments on social media, I'm not worried - we're not an old team that's past its best - we're just looking leggy and out of form............... and under strength. Again, Villa were brilliant - best they've played for about forty years.
Villa weren't too clever vs Bournemouth which is slightly concerning from our perspective. They might not be as productive in their next league game and their winner was down to a deflection.

I’ve been a season ticket holder since 1982

As an out and out shot stopper you’d take all the aforementioned keepers… the game today is much more than being a out and out shot stopper

The thread is fragmenting - the point I was making is Eddy this season is showing he is a much better shot stopper than we’ve seen as we are relying on him heavily (tonight is a prime example)

You've kind of answered your own question there. We usually dominate games so much he doesn't get a lot of opportunity to keep on pulling off match saving saves, but he has and not just the champions league final.

No it was due to injuries and suspensions lagrely.

What I mean is injuries and suspensions can happen - but better recruitment wouldn't have left us short.

The recruitment we have done means Pep doesn't trust Phillips, Kovacic or Nunes.

Instead he preferred an only just fit centre back in midfield before them.

That's harsh, the keeper made two good saves, especially from the header
I thought the save from the shot was we the better of the two - Haaland really should have headed it across Martinez (it was pretty much straight at him - which he’s done a few times this season)

Sure haaland acknowledged that heading was a part of his game he needs to improve

Chelsea , Dippers , Spurs and an improving Villa was always going to be a tough run of games add the injuries and suspensions and there needs some perspective , we have some easier games on the horizon and hopefully Stones , Doku , Rodri and Grealish available for the weekend.
This is a piece of piss compared to York away !!!
Correct and to the point.

Villa weren't too clever vs Bournemouth which is slightly concerning from our perspective.

They're a totally different proposition at home. They also caught us in a poor period of form and with key players missing. We're treble winners, the scalp everyone wants, so they'll bust more of a gut against us than Bournemouth.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.