Aston Villa (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

What I mean is injuries and suspensions can happen - but better recruitment wouldn't have left us short.

The recruitment we have done means Pep doesn't trust Phillips, Kovacic or Nunes.

Instead he preferred an only just fit centre back in midfield before them.
Good point - pep certainly has a trust issue in our centre midfield

This post doesn't make sense, he recruited 2 of them a year them after Phillips, it's clear he's only there to smile on the bench.

Yes Phillips wasn't this summer gone but all 3 were bought for the midfield role. All 3 look poor buys.

A shadow of Gundogan and not a patch on Rodri.

Fair play to Villa tonight as I thought they were well up for this game and were very good. City were shocking and the performance was really poor. From an injury point of view, we only have 2 players out (KDB and Doku) and we had Rodri and Jack suspended. What does this tell us about the depth of our squad? Phillips clearly doesn’t figure in future plans as he can’t even get on as a substitute. The writing has been on the wall over the last 4 games where we have thrown the lead away and now haven’t won against any of our major opponents. The only player who comes out with any credit tonight is Ederson who saved us from an embarrassing result.

That was truly painful to watch and the score line doesn’t do Villa justice. Can’t believe how easy it is to carve us open, it’s happening constantly in nearly every game. How have we gone from looking so solid at the back to the shit we’re witnessing right now in a matter of months?!? Best defence in Europe my arse.

I know we can’t blame them for the shite served up tonight as it was pretty much the whole team, but Kovacic despite looking decent early on, looks devoid of any creativity whatsoever and Nunes looks like he won a competition to get into this team, he looks Bebe levels of shite.

Fair play to Villa tonight as I thought they were well up for this game and were very good. City were shocking and the performance was really poor. From an injury point of view, we only have 2 players out (KDB and Doku) and we had Rodri and Jack suspended. What does this tell us about the depth of our squad? Phillips clearly doesn’t figure in future plans as he can’t even get on as a substitute. The writing has been on the wall over the last 4 games where we have thrown the lead away and now haven’t won against any of our major opponents. The only player who comes out with any credit tonight is Ederson who saved us from an embarrassing result.
And Walkers not a fucking right winger, thought Pep had realised this last season

6 behind arsenal, 4 behind liverpool but most shockingly just 3 ahead of utd.

Thats how poor we've been recently.

Spurs had loads out the other day and they raised their game.

Villa played us at own game tonight and we couldn’t handle them, at one point I thought they had more players than us. Only 6 points in it so no need to panic just yet it’s a long season and all the teams have improved if we are in the mix in March I will be very happy.

Chelsea , Dippers , Spurs and an improving Villa was always going to be a tough run of games add the injuries and suspensions and there needs some perspective , we have some easier games on the horizon and hopefully Stones , Doku , Rodri and Grealish available for the weekend.
This is a piece of piss compared to York away !!!
The last four teams we have failed to beat all have huge quality squads filled with lots of 50m players, Luton for all their endeavor should be a different kettle of fish, even in the form we are in

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.