Aston Villa (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

Been banging on about Alvarez all season. Not that he's a bad player but his inclusion in the starting line up leaves us short in midfield. Foden should be playing there imo. Have a funny feeling Pep will be too stubborn to change it. Stones miles off the pace, Lewis struggled, the defence looked shaky, Haaland fairly anonymous, Bernardo sloppy, substitutes not good enough. Apart from that, all was well.

2 shots the whole game. Lewis is so lightweight. The amount of times he was knocked off the ball or gave it away was ridiculous. Nunez was shite. McGinn and Bailey were great for them.

The only consolation and grain of hope is we were playing this bad in January last year and Pep found a pattern of play, tweaked the personnel and the rest is history.

Outplayed today and that is very rare. That was the best performance against us in a long time.

Missing key players and it showed. Stones looked like a guy who is not match sharp.

Foden and Alvarez were poor.

Pep probably didn’t get it right today. Lewis shouldn’t have played but I’m sure lots of people would have started him. He sand Alvarez should have been removed at a half time though.

City were dreadful attack wise. You have to take some chances and cross the fucking ball. Also, go long sometimes. The Vile weren’t afraid to do that and they have Ollie Watkins not Erling Haaland.

What really narks though is that I’m sure Eddie would have saved Bailey’s shot if Ruben had not deflected it.

Villa will now be awful when they play Arsenal.

City’s squad is too thin and the club really needs to get into the transfer market in January and make a couple of top quality signings.

We had key players out and some of our transfer business in the summer has been shown up to be poor. I think keeping Walker and seemingly promising that he will now start every week was a mistake. Nunes & Kovatic seem like bizarre signings. Not convinced by Gvardiol either.

Pep has changed the shape to try and accomodate Alverez and Haaland, but it just doesnt work, both are exceptional players but we are giving them crumbs to work with.

Pick one and stick Foden in the hole behind them.

Alvarez just isn't a 10.

There's no doubt he is dangerous player around the box and he's a good player but the amount of times he seems unaware of his surroundings and is caught dawling on the ball when he's playing in the hole and gets it taken off him frustrates me. he doesn't seem to able think quick enough to play in that position consistently well. He often wants a second more than you're ever going to get in that position

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.