Aston Villa (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

You cant when this was obvious from day 1. Love Haaland but him and Alvarez on together ...as starters up top..

it was obvious from day 1..Alvarez and Haaland on together...top 8 forward line ill give you that but makes the team no better than a top 8 side
I agree it's not working but Kane isn't coming

Without KDB, non of our players have either the vision, or the will, to kill a high defensive line with passes behind through to Haaland.

Drive's me mad, because Haaland is the perfect striker to play against a high defensive line. We've played against a few lately, and the lack of service into him is a joke. He's making the runs along the line but the pass never comes, I'd be fuming if I was him
It really is inexplicable...

Gvardiol! Nunes! Kovacic!

Us being treble winners last season do not desire that we are holier than thou.

Every each game is a performance. It’s better to perform and losing, then to do passive passes at the back for a damp squib strategy.

We lost the calm and collected Gundogan
We lost the free will Mahrez (despite him missing a penalty early stage)
We have an unfit creative and impossible passes de Bruyne
We lost an Option B decision Palmer

The new method we do is robotic predictable passes.

We should have pulled out all the stops to retain Gundo and gave Walker a gold watch and a framed photo of the treble winners...

Stones was trying to be Rodri. Akanji was trying to be Stones and failing, again. Walker was failing to be Akanji. Gvardiol was failing to be Ake.

Rico and Alvarez impersonating City's vaunted 8s. Foden at his worst position, wide left. Bernardo isolated with Walker and Rico providing him with no one to play off of. Haaland getting ZERO service.

How the fuck did we not get blown off the pitch?

How about Grealish and Doku either side of Haaland, Foden and Bernardo in front of Rodri, and Ake, Dias, Stones, and Akanji left to right in the back?

With all the injuries and suspensions Pep has had a hard time putting together anything remotely consistent but he needs to get back to basics ASAP starting Sunday at Luton.

Quote from Pep last night: “We said something at half-time and it was much better, the team had another dynamic but we didn’t find the players to make the assist, the cross, the pass.”

I can remember a decent 5 minutes after the restart but wouldn’t describe it as “much better”.

And not only could we not pass, we couldn’t fucking tackle or shoot either.

Not long in from coming back from vile park, has anyone ever had a bad day at work? Just asking and I WILL tell you now we WILL WIN the league, quick dust down and we go Luton and batter them, our blue people yes we will be there loud and proud and off to Belgrade Back to back trebles, I reckon. Gonna have to go Saudi week after to let everyone know what we've always known THE BEST TEAM IN THE LAND AND ALL THE WORLD
Luton will be like world war 3, a very, very tough game.

I hope Pep prepares us for that war, if our heads aren't right we could suffer again.

We should have pulled out all the stops to retain Gundo and gave Walker a gold watch and a framed photo of the treble winners...

Stones was trying to be Rodri. Akanji was trying to be Stones and failing, again. Walker was failing to be Akanji. Gvardiol was failing to be Ake.

Rico and Alvarez impersonating City's vaunted 8s. Foden at his worst position, wide left. Bernardo isolated with Walker and Rico providing him with no one to play off of. Haaland getting ZERO service.

How the fuck did we not get blown off the pitch?

How about Grealish and Doku either side of Haaland, Foden and Bernardo in front of Rodri, and Ake, Dias, Stones, and Akanji left to right in the back?

With all the injuries and suspensions Pep has had a hard time putting together anything remotely consistent but he needs to get back to basics ASAP starting Sunday at Luton.
Gundo WANTED TO LEAVE, end of the debate.

Move on, things change, players come and go.

Decent team Villa tbf. Just shows how shit Gerrard is as a manager.

I can see them Turning Arsenal over too.

Luton away - I was there last time we played and drew 1-1. Good times

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.