Aston Villa (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

Some players need a spell on the bench in my humble opinion. Dias, Gvardiol and Alvarez. They’re all 3 top top footballers but look disjointed at the moment. On a positive though, Arsenal go there this weekend. We go to Luton. Could be back within 3 and even the potential to be top again at Christmas with the scousers and Arsenal playing.
We won’t beat Luton.

Hard to do when we've lost fantastic players and brought in mediocre ones.

We have to learn how to lose again and not win the title.
No other team in the Premier League has gone so hard over the last 5 seasons, Also add last season's treble and the World Cup in winter then Maybe the players have little left in the tanks,

When I rewind to the end of last season and the start of the new season with so little rest, I wonder if are we asking far too much from players, Maybe we just need some time off and a break, With the Fifa Club World Cup maybe City should be asking the Premier League for a break and play the Crystal Palace game in the new year,

We are representing the Premier League and maybe they could do us a turn, Then maybe we could come back as world champions and the Premier League would have the best league in the world to boost its ratings

Kev has had a few injuries over the past two or three years and was has been overplayed to fuck by both City and Belgium. He's been running on fumes for ages so while we didn't bank on him being injured so early we should have known he couldn't just be played week in, week out.
We have Foden, Grealish and Alvarez at the club who could fill in but at the minute aren't

Just from the other side of the glass, I agree with a lot of this. I believe football is often about timing & everything was in place for us last night. City without Rodri is a different proposition and him alone would have probably changed the dynamics of the game last night - he is that good.

But we were brilliant, it sounds a bit extreme but I'm genuinely not sure the last time I have seen a Villa team play that well. Maybe even in my lifetime. I know watching City you've seen some ridiculous heights of late (and it's often been a pleasure to watch as a neutral), but I couldn't have envisaged seeing a Villa team play at that sort of level. There is no point getting too giddy, we will inevitably drop off and there is a long way to go, but I'm not sure there is a more difficult away game right at this minute.

I don't see any great panic at city, I'm convinced they'll still be title contenders (if not winners) once the squad settles again and Pep finds a way again (he always does). Let's be honest, you should have been 5 up v half time against Spurs & Liverpool hung on 2nd half. Last night was different, but like I said a few things fell into place for that to happen.
You battered us. You were brilliant on and off the ball and I haven't seen us with such a lack of composure for a fair few years. How you only got the one goal is still baffling me. Fair play to you. Hope to see you lot around the top 4 at the end of the season.

I could not believe what I was watching last night. We were given the run around to the extent that I thought we were playing in the claret shirts and we were actually doing well. I had known this would be a difficult game but in the event we were beaten more comprehensively than I can remember in years. The real surprise was that Villa only won it with a cruelly deflected shot. City couldn't keep the ball and had to rely on standing still, passing sideways or backwards and then giving the ball away. Two shots in the whole match compared to twenty odd for Villa says it all. We simply did not look or play like City and we were unable to prevent Villa coming up the field like the tide. So, Villa deserve a lot of credit for their excellent performance but just how off our game are we! Against Chelsea, Liverpool and Spurs we can say that we created chances and should have had the game won before shipping an equaliser. But last night we never looked like winning or even scoring.

Villa deserved to win, but City made them look good, they recently lost at Forest, and drew with Bournemouth, only a freak goal won them the game
Good point. They raised their game to the max and admittedly were very good. We were devoid of any quality in that midfield last night and they played through us with ease. They won't be doing that against Odegaard and Rice who are probably the best central pair in the league right now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.