Aston Villa (A) | Post-Match Thread

A very important victory, I was a little concerned we may be entering a slump after the loss to Chelsea, but no, at times last might we were breathtaking. The simplicity of the way we play never ceases to amaze me. Every player nearly always has two options, sometimes 3 and nearly every time the right option is taken. Even when it was 10 v 11 we still had more possession, because of ability to keep the ball. Other teams would probably have tried a Mourinho park the bus, we didn't, we just carried on playing our way and Villa just chased us all night.

Its tough to single out players from last nights performance, because it was a real team performance, the game management was superb and apart from the goal, Eddy had very little to do. If i was to single players out I would pick two who I thought were magnificent, Zinchenko and Bernardo. The rest were just very good.

It is nice to come from behind and win as well, as that was becoming a monkey on our back and to go a goal down in the 1st minute probably did us a favour and we reacted to it how Champions react. The red for Stones was at first glance a straight red for me, but when i saw the replay i thougth no, he was late and he was high but there was no intent. We reacted well to it and Villa didnt. We just continued to dominate. Their red was utter stupidity, Foden though had the beating of Cash all night and gave him a torrid time. It was frustration i think, it was a second booking, but I thought it was harsh because his first booking was dubious.

Foden is becoming very special, his confidence is growing with every game and we are seeing more of him now. At first he was tentative and played the obvious ball too often, now though we are seeing his close control and he goes past players like Gascoigne, he aint super quick, but he has that 5 yard burst that takes him away from people and then he uses the ball better, some of his passing is magnificent for such a young kid.

The rag fuckers must have thought game on when Villa scored, but by the end they will have known, they ain't catching us. We are almost there and we deserve it. 8 points from 5 games and we are champions.

Never thought I'd say this, but I didn't watch it. I checked the score a few times and the victory was met with indifference. The last few days have really made me re-think football. Perhaps in time that'll change, we'll see.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.