Aston Villa (A) | Post-Match Thread

First half is the best we’ve played for me in while. We are a totally different team without De Bruyne. Not better, not worse, just different. More direct and higher risk football with De Bruyne. Without him we have more control and it’s the collective that do the work. Foden took all the plaudits, but Bernardo, Rodri & Gundogan were immense. Bernardo’s 02 max capacity must be something else.

Rodri completes nearly 95% of his passes, bosses midfield and scores a highly important winner, yet most posts don't give him credit.

Had we drawn/lost last night, that thread would have been huge. We make a big step toward the title, it's relatively quiet.

Rodri completes nearly 95% of his passes, bosses midfield and scores a highly important winner, yet most posts don't give him credit.

Had we drawn/lost last night, that thread would have been huge. We make a big step toward the title, it's relatively quiet.
Rodders was excellent last night, Always is in these types of games were he can dictate the pace of the game.
Wasn't really his passing that was most impressive it was his reading of the game and numerous amounts of interceptions. Did it incredibly well.

Good result, good to get back to watching just football. Pity about Stones but no arguments on that one. What a start from them though!

Rodri, Bernardo, Foden all world class last night. First half was just amazingly good.

I know this sounds paradoxical, but we've played our best football this season without KDB, and he's undoubtedly our best player. I love him, but we've never quite cracked his best role in this team. If we could have the best of Kevin plus the best of last night we'd be unbeatable

Caught cold at the start but from then on the passing and moving was top class. Controlled the game and everybody played their part.

Shame with the red card as I think we would of got a few more. As they say the sign of champions when you can dig in and get 3pts.
I actually thought 1st half was the best we've played, passing and movement was on another level, well maybe not the best but right up there

foden sublime, huge mentions for rodri, gundogan, dias, bernardo, mahrez and zinchenko for how we managed that game using the ball, the movement to keep villa at bay where ederson had nothing at all to do! Fully deserved 3 points and hopefully leeds can take points off the rags at the weekend!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.