Aston Villa (A) - Wed 6th Dec, 20:15 | PL | Pre Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alvarez works in our system when Walker doesn't play and we play a stones a Lewis as the right back! We saw it last week against Leipzig when Walker went off Lewis and Alvarez came on.. Walker is the problem for me for all our defensive problems! But Pep backed him with meal the captaincy and a new contract..

I wouldn’t be surprised if Pep drops Walker and has a back four of Gvardiol, Ake, Diaz and Akanji.

There are too many gaps and defenders not closing down crosses at present.

The big bonus would be Stones back but even then Akanji is a better option than Kyle at present.

I think we will also see Rico in midfield alongside Bernardo and Kovacic

Very reasonably for people to expect us to drop points, for me the most concerning thing isnt individual errors, poor finishing or lack of shape, some players just dont look hungry enough despite what they say in the media(obviously winning the treble is a factor).

For Kyle Walker to stick out a lazy leg in an attempt to block a cross in the 90min is simply down to lack of application, players are putting in half-hearted defensive efforts on the wing because they want to play central (on multiple occasions too) if Doku should've stopped Son before scoring Gil could've been stopped on his own penalty box. Seen a player in previous games play a poorer ball to a team-mate just so he could get on the end of return pass/one-two (Cristiano/Mbappe esque)

Coupled with Injuries and players imo being played out of posistion a draw is a good result away to Villa, I personally would like to see a better performance similar to N'castle home and West Ham away, naturally as the season progresses our intensity and desire should return, winning the CWC should be a huge catalysts.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Pep drops Walker and has a back four of Gvardiol, Ake, Diaz and Akanji.

There are too many gaps and defenders not closing down crosses at present.

The big bonus would be Stones back but even then Akanji is a better option than Kyle at present.

I think we will also see Rico in midfield alongside Bernardo and Kovacic

I worry about Kovacic on the ball he is quality but he holds on to the ball a touch to much and at a team like Villa they'll be all over him

I worry about Kovacic on the ball he is quality but he holds on to the ball a touch to much and at a team like Villa they'll be all over him
I agree he worries me as well, the sooner Stones is back the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.