Aston Villa (A) - Wed 6th Dec, 20:15 | PL | Pre Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Alvarez, Bernardo and Foden thing isn't working. All of them seem to be being played out of position.

Time for a rethink, the midfield and left hand side need reshaping and stiffened up.

An already thin squad minus Grealish and Rodri is a bit worrying - particularly considering Nunes and Kovacic have been poor or not fit, and Phillips is essentially a ghost.

Not an ideal fixture after today, it’s fair to say! Hopefully we’ll rise to it though, bit of adversity might not be a bad thing for the squad.

Ederson
Walker
Dias
Ake
Gvardiol
Stones
Kovacic
Bernardo
Foden
Doku
Haaland

Gvardiol looks hopelessly lost in the position. He's had a few moments of decent play, but on the whole, it looks very uncomfortable for him. However, not many options other than to swap positions with Ake.

First time I've voted loss. Can't see us winning for the first time in 5 years.

No rodri, grealish, doku, stones, KDB etc...

Dias, walker and akanji playing like absolute fucking dog shit

I hope I'm wrong and it's a catalyst but villa at 16/5 at home looks mega.
Walker was dog shit today definitely watched a different game than me.

If we win it'll be some madcap scoreline like 3-4 or 4-5 because I can't see us getting even close to a clean sheet right now, especially with Rodri out.

With Villa’s fantastic home record and our suspensions and hamstring issue for Doku, plus non-existent defending and needing 5+ clear chances to score a goal, a Villa win does seem on the cards and they would leapfrog us in the table. Pep has some big problems to fix.
The players are picking games in which to be disciplined.

Watching the game yesterday, Bernardo was so lackadaisical in his positional awareness, he was pressing all over the pitch. Out of possession I expected him to be holding midfield with Rodri, Alvarez was also pressing high leaving Rodri alone in Midfield, this gung-ho mentality is so weird, we seem as a team to get rattled easily (chelsea and spurs) we lose composure in our play and get drawn into an end to end game, I only recall that once last season (N'Castle away)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.