Aston Villa (H) Post Match Thread

Just this world we live in, where your average Joe, average fan. With average knowledge of the game gets in these positions. Not just city, social media in general. Aids
To be fair to Steven, he's never been anything but grateful and stunned that he's ended up where he has. He's never been a big head and has never felt like he deserved any of it. I remember when he followed me on Twitter years ago, when he was Esteemed Kompany and he was in Embers (his old band, we chatted a bit about music for that reason).

He had an ordinary day job and spent that money going to City games and editing his videos. He's had a few lucky breaks over the years, but so what? Ask yourself whether you'd say "Nah" to any of the opportunities he's been offered, like being asked to do CityTV coverage on the last day of the season on the day we could potentially win the league.

He's another Fanzone Danny - named as such because he applied for Sky Sports Fanzone on derby day for a game that we just happened to win. If we'd lost that game in 2008 he'd have just gone back to his life, but we won and so his life changed. A lucky break that I'm sure nobody begrudges him. So why should we begrudge Steven?

Seems like a genuine bloke who got given opportunities and took them. No harm in that.

Has Raheem ever put in a better cross in his career than the one for Gundog's first goal ?
Was going to say the same.

It was most unlike him. But it just adds to the feeling that it was ordained.

We were on the wrong end of events in Madrid but here we scored 3 perfect goals, each of which could have been deflected but weren't.

But back to Raheem. It was an amazing piece of skill under a high degree of stress.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.