Aston Villa (H) Post Match Thread

Ederson 6/10 - Could have done better for the first goal, totally foxed by the second, did well to stop Watkins on two occasions

Stones 6/10 - Did alright but could sense he wasn't comfortable next to Fernandinho, looked composed once he was in the middle
Fernandinho 4/10 - Really struggled against Watkins, was unfair by Pep to put him out there from the start
Laporte 6/10 - Got a bit lost for Villa's second but was otherwise alright
Cancelo 7/10 - Was asked to play all over the defence and attack and did it fairly well

Rodri 8/10 - Vital goal at a vital time, most of the first half was played above his head
De Bruyne 8/10 - Always motoring, always trying, then found that moment of genius
Bernardo 6/10 - Looked busy but struggled to impose himself on the game

Mahrez 5/10 - Was frequently isolated because Stones was looking after Fernandinho and struggled as a result
Jesus 7/10 - Kept harrying the Villa defenders during flat moments in the game, missed that sitter, though
Foden 6/10 - Not really his day but kept always kept trying and looked dangerous in the second half

Subs
Zinchenko 9/10 - What a performance, immediately made us more dangerous and incisive
Gundogan 10/10 - No words, absolutely no words. Maybe the greatest substitution in the club's history?
Sterling 8/10 - Great cross for the first goal back, tried something different and changed our shape

Pep 8/10 - Started completely the wrong team but more than made up for it with three brilliant substitutions

If that's the case I am regularly assaulted in the queue for the till at Asda by random septagenerations encouraging me to shuffle up a bit. Do you think the Police will be interested in pursuing my complaints or that Asda should make a formal apology.
Legally its definitely assault. Common assault requires minimal contact. In fact it requires no contact at all. Throw an object at someone and miss, you’ve committed assault

never been so pleased to see Zinc get on the pitch. dreadful last week but gave us our shape back. didn't like that starting 11 at all. well done Pep for the changes .
Agree Bill. He hasn’t been too clever since he got back into the team but thought he was magnificent when he came on yesterday. We looked much better on our left hand side and he was great going forward which led to his assist. You could see the determination and effort he was putting in. It was great to see him in front of the South stand after the presentation showing appreciation to all the fans with tears in his eyes. One can only imagine how he must really feel at the moment. Let’s hope that winning the title can give him some joy.

The week before the QPR game i imagined how the game would go and probably came up with ten or twenty variations, but we were never gonna lose. Last week I didn't know where to start. I shouldn't have listened to Tyler bollocking on about me never seeing the likes of the QPR game again. There'll probably be a repeat some time next season. Another Bernabeu moment, a QPR game, and a Watford final. But that's what I've watched over six or seven decades. Would't change it for anyone playing in red!

I expressed my fears in the pre match threads that "Typical City" seemed to have reappeared this season and that nagging fear wouldn't leave me. I'd watched Villa struggle against Burnley and thought I was being stupid, surely we'd smash this lot? I tried to convince myself that this would be the case,that we'd be three nil up after twenty minutes.......but those ghosts of failures past wouldn't be exorcised.

At two nil down I was done. Why,why, why I thought. Why are we pretty much outstanding every game and at the vital moment when we need this team, a bloody poor imitation turns up, why?? Nobody was doing anything right, even the basics. Passes were going astray, players falling over, Rodri and Kev ballooning half decent shooting chances over the bar, we were slow, fearful and hesitant. Even our tactics seemed to have gone out of the window, at times we had a thirty seven year old Fernandinho on his own against two attackers,it was insane.

Then the three subs came on and all three were absolutely magnificent and changed the game. They injected pace, control and calm and suddenly we were the team we knew once more, not the pale imitation we'd been watching for seventy five minutes and we blew Villa away. It was absolute bedlam in the stadium, utterly delicious delirium but the last few minutes were torture as we waited for the final whistle. Typical City had one last word though as having used all our subs Ederson suddenly sat down injured and didn't appear to want to get up, which only added to the anxiety.

Finally it was over and we'd won the title we'd deserved to win all season. To deny the odious scousers and shut up the immoral, hideous media into the bargain just made it all the more delicious. As I nurse a hangover today basking in the warmth of another title success I reflected that Typical City also applies to our successes as well as our failures, in both we do it in our own quirky unique way. City until I die.

Legally its definitely assault. Common assault requires minimal contact. In fact it requires no contact at all. Throw an object at someone and miss, you’ve committed assault
Had no idea about that. Fair enough, fans should be careful in general about these sort of things. Seconds of madness could lead to a whole lot of trouble.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.