Aston Villa (H) Post Match Thread

I expressed my fears in the pre match threads that "Typical City" seemed to have reappeared this season and that nagging fear wouldn't leave me. I'd watched Villa struggle against Burnley and thought I was being stupid, surely we'd smash this lot? I tried to convince myself that this would be the case,that we'd be three nil up after twenty minutes.......but those ghosts of failures past wouldn't be exorcised.

At two nil down I was done. Why,why, why I thought. Why are we pretty much outstanding every game and at the vital moment when we need this team, a bloody poor imitation turns up, why?? Nobody was doing anything right, even the basics. Passes were going astray, players falling over, Rodri and Kev ballooning half decent shooting chances over the bar, we were slow, fearful and hesitant. Even our tactics seemed to have gone out of the window, at times we had a thirty seven year old Fernandinho on his own against two attackers,it was insane.

Then the three subs came on and all three were absolutely magnificent and changed the game. They injected pace, control and calm and suddenly we were the team we knew once more, not the pale imitation we'd been watching for seventy five minutes and we blew Villa away. It was absolute bedlam in the stadium, utterly delicious delirium but the last few minutes were torture as we waited for the final whistle. Typical City had one last word though as having used all our subs Ederson suddenly sat down injured and didn't appear to want to get up, which only added to the anxiety.

Finally it was over and we'd won the title we'd deserved to win all season. To deny the odious scousers and shut up the immoral, hideous media into the bargain just made it all the more delicious. As I nurse a hangover today basking in the warmth of another title success I reflected that Typical City also applies to our successes as well as our failures, in both we do it in our own quirky unique way. City until I die.
Absolutely fecking brilliant post Mr Chapo, I salute you Sir, applause, claps hands.

So happy we won. Can actually listen to the media for a few days now Klipperty hasn't got his dirty hands on the title. Not just a title win for us but for all of football - it would have been unbearable if it had gone the other way. Already looking forward to next season starting - Haaland time ! :D Love this team!!

If that's the case I am regularly assaulted in the queue for the till at Asda by random septagenerations encouraging me to shuffle up a bit. Do you think the Police will be interested in pursuing my complaints or that Asda should make a formal apology.
If you had a reasonable belief that your safety was at risk in the queue at Asda, it might be.
I know of a case where a man pled guilty to assaulting his ex girlfriend by ruffling her hair as she came out the hairdressers. The fact that she was genuinely fearful of him turned an otherwise trivial act into assault.
Given what happened to Billy Sharp last week it’s entirely reasonable that Villa’s keeper was concerned for his safety during the pitch invasion so any contact to his head would clearly be assault

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.