Aston Villa (H) - Sun 22nd May, 16:00 (BST) | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get the win, invade the pitch and then all do an Adebayor in front of the Villa fans whilst waving a load of banknotes

Is this the most important game in football history to stop Liverpool getting a domestic treble and getting the chance of an unprecedented quad?

If we don't beat Villa tomorrow, we will never, ever hear the end of it from Liverpool fans. For the sake of every other football fan we must win!
Yep it's basically down to us to save football. The best case scenario is we win tomorrow and it has a negative effect on the Liverpool players who then lose to Madrid as a result.

Even if they did go on to win the Champions League, I would absolutely love the fact that we were the only thing in between them and the quadruple. Can you imagine if they won the League Cup, FA Cup, Champions League and got 92 points in the league only to miss out by a point. Their hatred for us would reach new levels.

Why? Especially, if he is starting at Leftback. That's par for the course, no?
I’d said in an earlier post mate that I would prefer Ake. I’m not saying Cancelo would he a huge weakness, but he does have a mistake and a misplaced pass in him that could prove significant. I’ve been really impressed by Ake.
Cancelo may give us more offensively, but I think we’ll have plenty of others on the pitch that can do the job going forwards. What we don’t need tomorrow is any costly mistakes that lead to a counter-attack goal. I also think Ake offers more at defending set pieces (as well as grabbing us a headed goal maybe).

Just stay off the fucking pitch, whether you are a kid with a sad give me your shirt sign or a pissed up adult please just stay off the fucking pitch, there really is no need, particularly in the current environment
I've absolutely no problem with pitch invasions to be honest, The QPR, Blackburn, Swansea ect have all been pitch invasions with people in really good spirits and enjoying themselves. Then you see the likes of Nottingham Forest, Everton ect the recent weeks were you have a minority of people absolutely ruining it for everybody else acting like complete morons. I'm all for it as long as that bullshit isn't involved.
The likes of the QPR invasion I don't think anybody had any intentions of going onto the pitch, It's just how it played out the adrenaline running through everyone.

Is this the most important game in football history to stop Liverpool getting a domestic treble and getting the chance of an unprecedented quad?

If we don't beat Villa tomorrow, we will never, ever hear the end of it from Liverpool fans. For the sake of every other football fan we must win!
This I'm already getting the "the trophies would be nice but don't really matter as this is already the greatest season from any English side ever" if they actually get the quad they would be completely insufferable.

If we are coasting early on,probably less likely to have a large scale pitch invasion,QPR was entirely predictable with the dramatic end to that match,fans respond to what happens on the pitch and if we are all relaxed about the title,perhaps it reduces the need for getting on the pitch.
Maybe instead of an 'invasion' we could have an 'amble'.
Gently and peacefully stroll onto the pitch, clapping our boys and thanking the Villa team.
Perhaps smuggle a rug and some egg butties in and have a picnic in the centre circle..

If we are coasting early on,probably less likely to have a large scale pitch invasion,QPR was entirely predictable with the dramatic end to that match,fans respond to what happens on the pitch and if we are all relaxed about the title,perhaps it reduces the need for getting on the pitch.
No chance. West Ham was a coasting game and there was a pitch invasion for that if I remember correctly and I think there may even have been one when we were already champions and played Huddersfield. I may be wrong though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.