Aston Villa (H) - Sun 22nd May, 16:00 (BST) | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've absolutely no problem with pitch invasions to be honest, The QPR, Blackburn, Swansea ect have all been pitch invasions with people in really good spirits and enjoying themselves. Then you see the likes of Nottingham Forest, Everton ect the recent weeks were you have a minority of people absolutely ruining it for everybody else acting like complete morons. I'm all for it as long as that bullshit isn't involved.
The likes of the QPR invasion I don't think anybody had any intentions of going onto the pitch, It's just how it played out the adrenaline running through everyone.
I agree, but in the current environment of what has happened recently its fucking daft and adds no value, but creates lots of unnecessary risk. I’ve just read that it’s tradition, well it used to be tradition to burn witches but these days we let Burnley’s women live in peace, times and circumstances change

Yep it's basically down to us to save football. The best case scenario is we win tomorrow and it has a negative effect on the Liverpool players who then lose to Madrid as a result.

Even if they did go on to win the Champions League, I would absolutely love the fact that we were the only thing in between them and the quadruple. Can you imagine if they won the League Cup, FA Cup, Champions League and got 92 points in the league only to miss out by a point. Their hatred for us would reach new levels.
Like yourself, I hope if we win tomorrow it will effect their mindset and confidence going into the CL final and result in a defeat. However, I think not winning the title will make them more motivated and they will beat Madrid.

Last edited:
I agree, but in the current environment of what has happened recently its fucking daft and adds no value, but creates lots of unnecessary risk. I’ve just read that it’s tradition, well it used to be tradition to burn witches but these days we let Burnley’s women live in peace, times and circumstances change
Hope that also applies to Eccles women @BringBackSwales ? ;-)

Reactions: CC1
Is this the most important game in football history to stop Liverpool getting a domestic treble and getting the chance of an unprecedented quad?

If we don't beat Villa tomorrow, we will never, ever hear the end of it from Liverpool fans. For the sake of every other football fan we must win!
I just care about winning the league again, as opposed to “stopping” Liverpool winning it

Without doubt circumstances change and time moves on. We would all be kidding ourselves if we were to say that their is no risks involved in pitch invasions. Take the Forest game for example, That lowlife headbutting Billy Sharp, He could have easily having a knife or any sort of object on him that night and have a complete moment of stupidity (I know he did have that moment) but in a sense that he could stick a knife in him.
All clubs have some fans that just go for trouble unfortunately. Then you have genuine fans that want to go onto the pitch and have a good time and celebrate with the players winning the league.
It's a shame we have some absolutely brain dead morons going to football matches and like to ruin it for absolutely everyone.

Without doubt circumstances change and time moves on. We would all be kidding ourselves if we were to say that their is no risks involved in pitch invasions. Take the Forest game for example, That lowlife headbutting Billy Sharp, He could have easily having a knife or any sort of object on him that night and have a complete moment of stupidity (I know he did have that moment) but in a sense that he could stick a knife in him.
All clubs have some fans that just go for trouble unfortunately. Then you have genuine fans that want to go onto the pitch and have a good time and celebrate with the players winning the league.
It's a shame we have some absolutely brain dead morons going to football matches and like to ruin it for absolutely everyone.
There’s one way to make sure there’s no problems, and that some dickhead doesn’t ruin it for everyone, stay off the pitch

I agree, except we know some will go on and others will follow, because they do. I think last time it happened and cleared pretty quickly. Think that's the best we can hope for, and stewards actually doing something..

Reactions: CC1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.