Aston Villa Thread - 2023/24

Easy run out and comfortable victory for them in Leith.

I know it wasn’t the most challenging of circumstance, but I’ll never understand why we never kept/bought back Douglas Luiz. He would have been capable of playing instead of or alongside Rodri. His appreciation of space and constant movement are a real joy to watch.
He couldn't get a work permit for us. Pep wanted him back.

Selling him for a big fee and him going to Villa on big wages meant he met criteria to get a work permit. As ridiculous as that sounds.

At City he would have been one of the lowest earners and hadn't earned enough Brazil caps to get in that way.

Selling him for a big fee and him going to Villa on big wages meant he met criteria to get a work permit. As ridiculous as that sounds.

At City he would have been one of the lowest earners and hadn't earned enough Brazil caps to get in that way.
Absolutely ridiculous stipulations.

True, yet subsequently we’ve been in the market for, still are, midfield support, but his name never percolates to the top, which surprises me. Lovely player to watch and one who never seems to stand still.

Those Canutes are patronising as feck. They bought their best player for 2.5m from a team they beat 8-0 on aggregate. If it wasn’t for the tv money they’d be another bare bum in the shower, they are no bigger than Hibs or Hertz. Fuck Villa.

2 up approaching HT in Alkmaar this evening in the Europa Conference. Fair play to Emery; they were going nowhere fast under Slippy G, but Emery has turned them into a proper team now, without any Chelsea or Forest like influx of players. Pity their fans are wankers, though.

The bookies this season either really respect Villa or aren't as bullish on City as they usually are. Last year away at Villa, City was 1/3 to win. This season we're currently only 10/13. Obviously, means fuck all but I thought it was noteworthy.

They could have easily been four down after twenty minutes against half a Spurs side yesterday. Fair play for sticking in there, but they got very lucky.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.