Atalanta CL (H) Post Match Thread

Hello key board warrior.

Of course he has quality but in my opinion this is the first game that he has looked like he hadn't just been given some game time to improve. I thought my post stated that but I guess you are one of those chaps that like to find the negatives in things.

If you would like to discuss me being a fool or a rag in person then I always like a chat.

i get this but I think the Spurs game last season was a big statement of trust. I thought he looked overawed in that and did not take any chances. Maybe he was told to play that way. He was brilliant last night when the shackles were off.

You messing mate? Two fouls, two yellow cards? He could have easily had a word. No way a Liverpool player walks for those two fouls. Think the referee is envious that Phil is going to be a megastar and got his “tell the grandkids” story in already.

'tell the grandkids'? Seriously? He's from Israel - I doubt he'd even heard of Phil Foden before he was assigned to this match. Yellows were definitely soft but suggestions that the Ref was grandstanding are well wide of the mark IMO. He's not Mike Dean.

i get this but I think the Spurs game last season was a big statement of trust. I thought he looked overawed in that and did not take any chances. Maybe he was told to play that way. He was brilliant last night when the shackles were off.

Yep, I am with you.

All I am trying to articulate is that, for the first time, I didnt think he looked like a gifted lad trying to play with the men but looked like he belonged and the players around him trusted him to do a proper job. I am overjoyed that this is the case because I was wondering. There is a famous Manchester expression, a mansal ( lads arse in mans trousers) which was appropriate last year for him.

This season I think he can be the player we want him to be.

'tell the grandkids'? Seriously? He's from Israel - I doubt he'd even heard of Phil Foden before he was assigned to this match. Yellows were definitely soft but suggestions that the Ref was grandstanding are well wide of the mark IMO. He's not Mike Dean.

He will hear about him though.

He did have a good game otherwise.

He will hear about him though.

He did have a good game otherwise.

He definitely played well and is destined for great things. I can now add to my 'I was there when he had his first start' and 'I was there when he scored his first goal at home': 'I was there when he was first sent off'. Probably not, however, one that he will want to linger on...

Apologies if already posted...does anyone know what the Atalanta banner they kept unfurling said? I was behind it from the corner in 111 so couldn’t see it! One Atalanta fan in middle tier seemed to take issue with it and had to be calmed down by steward and police...

Ederson is amazing. I don't think the rest of football realises just how wonderful he is. He will revolutionise goalkeeping......if his game gets the coverage it deserves. If he was at Liverpool or Man Utd his passing would be highlighted extensively.
Can't remember the commentator last night, perhaps Martin Keown but himself and the co commentator were drooling over Ederson. It's like it's finally clicking how crazy good he actually is. An absolute nutcase but bloody love him. *Ederson, not Keown for clarification.

Enjoyed last night a lot. Atalanta had some great fans, and it felt like the atmosphere was actually decent in a Champions League tie.

Very impressed with Malinovsky. Could be a useful player there.

Foden looked fantastic, losing hope in Mendy.

the fact they actually tried to play football as well made for a great game to watch especially first half. Atmosphere was good as well for the most part. Shame Kev didn’t get a bigger response when he tried to raise the noise levels second half. Clearly the players want to feel/hear more at times coming from the stands. I think if we did manage to deliver a bit more then it may make us even more dominant. I remember the atmosphere against Liverpool at home and it was tangible. Surely gave the players an extra gear?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.