Atalanta CL (H) Post Match Thread

Enjoyed last night a lot. Atalanta had some great fans, and it felt like the atmosphere was actually decent in a Champions League tie.

Very impressed with Malinovsky. Could be a useful player there.

Foden looked fantastic, losing hope in Mendy.
I moved to 326 for this. I was sat right behind Martin Keown. He puts apple in his crisps! I like him though. Anyone who puts the amount of commitment he did into his game gets my respect regardless of what he does with his apple.

I enjoyed the game a lot. Started slowly but Atalanta had to play kamikaze football because of the group table and it suited us. They were playing such a high line at times that Foden, and Gundog had a field day finding Sterling running into space.

Both fullbacks Walker and Mendy struggled a little. I thought Mendy was good at times. He looks a little rusty soon. Walker is trying to force it. Great commitment as ever.

If Jesus had played last night we would have scored even more.

I am sure the plaudits go to Raz and who can argue. but what worried me was had we were playing at Anfield we would have been four down after half an hour We were so open through the middle and at the back its frightening

Ref was awful and ruined it for me
Could not wait to get cards out for our players
I mean, booking Mendy for a most innocuous tangle after THREE minutes set the tone
As for Foden’s dismissal....

He caught him with studs up. It's early in the game but studs up are studs up.

Mendy definitely deserved the booking. He lost control of the ball and made a bit of a lunge, catching the player with studs showing

Apologies if already posted...does anyone know what the Atalanta banner they kept unfurling said? I was behind it from the corner in 111 so couldn’t see it! One Atalanta fan in middle tier seemed to take issue with it and had to be calmed down by steward and police...
This is an image of the Aguero pen from BT coverage. Can't see anything major apart from Bergamo banner.

ODcVeMr.png

Not according to BosnianBlue

He must be related to think that

Haha. I still think he had a good game. I'd want him to whistle for us anything he whistled against us. The only thing debatable is first Foden's booking. That's enough for me to think he had a good game. Wish all PL and CL refs have one like this.

Said to mates before Sterling had even scored a goal that he has gone to another level, then he bagged 3 so I felt dead smug
Also never been a big Mendy fan but thought he was very good last night, I was watching him off the ball a lot and he was tracking his runners every time
Problem is now I will be gutted when he gets injured

The most encouraging thing for me last nigh was (win apart!) the relationship between KDB and Foden. Their interplay was excellent.
Loved the short corner options too.
I think Foden is ready to make the step up once David goes.
Really good performance.

you better shed some light on new corner routine, cause it was right in front of me and thinking he might just be a tad offside

Number of times Foden made 50-50s into his own was great to see. He's got that little bit of zip that makes all the difference. Possibly his best game for City?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.