Atalanta CL (H) Post Match Thread

He caught him with studs up. It's early in the game but studs up are studs up.
Was at the game so never saw it close up
Looked like a bit of a tangle but not malicious or high energy
I stand corrected if it was worthy of yellow but did not look nasty and was the 3rd minute...

Was at the game so never saw it close up
Looked like a bit of a tangle but not malicious or high energy
I stand corrected if it was worthy of yellow but did not look nasty and was the 3rd minute...

Yeah, I was pissed off too until I saw replays.

Last edited:
Anyone who actually thinks Foden deserved to get sent off , really needs to give their head a wobble , when you consider what the ref let the Italians get away with and only booked a couple of them ,even just after Foden got sent off one of their players did exactly the same to Mahrez pulled his arm and the ref did nothing. Foden wasnt naive he was the victim of an inconsistent referee who had the chance to be the centre of attention if he sent off one of our players. As Pep said afterwards he will not be fining Foden and should actually be paying him extra for his strong performance and at no point has Pep stated Foden deserved to get sent off , as one poster on here has inferred , that is absolute bollocks.

He was naive in my book. As ridiculous as the first yellow was,he needs to learn not to even give the ref an opportunity when already sat on a yellow. The positive of the sending off outweighed the negative though in that it had no bearing on the game and hopefully, a valued lesson learnt

Number of times Foden made 50-50s into his own was great to see. He's got that little bit of zip that makes all the difference. Possibly his best game for City?

At times in recent cameo's I have wondered where he would fit but always thought that maybe his game doesnt fit well with either of the two Silvas on the pitch. They tend to drift into the space where he likes to operate. Notable yesterday we had Raz and Mahrez playing quite wide and Foden and KDB seemed to find plenty of space without getting in each others way.

Enjoyed the game. Phil did well and his assist was spot on. It’s always good to have players who can control the ball in tight space under pressure from the defence.

Atalanta are a good attacking team so it’s no surprise they crest chances against our weakened defence. We did get away with a couple of occasions where Mendy was defending against a couple of attackers at the back post. Pep and Arteta might want to look at that.

The Atalanta fans gave great vocal support and the ones in the City end didn’t take the piss, apart from the nobs in a corporate box.

sorry why not one he was stood on the touch line, so near impossible to have two players between him and the goal
Presumably keeper plus 1 defender must have been on the line to keep him on side
As I was at the game I cannot verify that but given the officials gave everything against us I am sure they would have flagged Phil offside given half a chance.
Just nice to see a new routine.
It’s clearly something he and KDB have worked on in training and it appeared to work.

Good game could have been 8-3.only negatives were the Rodri injury and Foden getting sent off.
Foden had a good game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.