Atkinson says his view was obscured

JoeMercer'sWay said:
this would be wrong on so many levels. A) it is in referee curriculum that you always, always punish the severity of the tackle and not because of the severity of the injury. B) Atkinson clearly saw it and then turned away from the incident, if he lies then he is bringing the entire game into disrepute. C) tackles are judged on careless, reckless or excessive force. I happen to think it was a good tackle that won the ball and Ben Arfa was half-arsed about it and got hurt, however it cannot be considered any more than careless or reckless at the most, and the maximum punishment for this is a yellow, and you cannot hand out retrospective yellow cards.

If De Jong gets banned then it will PROVE that the FA IS a corrupt, politically and financially motivated organisation and that their employees are taking part in fixing and bribery to improve their standing, because if Atkinson had nothing to gain from lying, he would be honest about it. I just hope, pray, that he's actually a decent human being with morals, but with a lot of the scum out there, I'm not getting my hopes up, Prove me wrong, Martin, please, and I'll forgive for your phantom added time at OT last year.
Sometimes we are to honest for our own good.

bluemike said:
The lying bastard.
I remember a year ago he couldn't see his watch.

In fact on Sunday there was seven minutes stoppage time in the first half and he allowed 5 I know this because as it was him I timed three incidents

jamiegrimble said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
this would be wrong on so many levels. A) it is in referee curriculum that you always, always punish the severity of the tackle and not because of the severity of the injury. B) Atkinson clearly saw it and then turned away from the incident, if he lies then he is bringing the entire game into disrepute. C) tackles are judged on careless, reckless or excessive force. I happen to think it was a good tackle that won the ball and Ben Arfa was half-arsed about it and got hurt, however it cannot be considered any more than careless or reckless at the most, and the maximum punishment for this is a yellow, and you cannot hand out retrospective yellow cards.

If De Jong gets banned then it will PROVE that the FA IS a corrupt, politically and financially motivated organisation and that their employees are taking part in fixing and bribery to improve their standing, because if Atkinson had nothing to gain from lying, he would be honest about it. I just hope, pray, that he's actually a decent human being with morals, but with a lot of the scum out there, I'm not getting my hopes up, Prove me wrong, Martin, please, and I'll forgive for your phantom added time at OT last year.
Sometimes we are to honest for our own good.

i dont think the FA need to be proved corrupt we all know they are,its how much they will stick there necks out to carry this through,they make and change laws as they feel fit

pedros said:
Is it ok to have an opinion different to the one you hold?

A yellow would have been very harsh, a red just a complete travesty.

You make a decision based on the tackle, which Atkinson did after having a perfect view of it - and clearly got it spot fucking on.

You don't wait for an x-ray before handing out punishment because it is irrelevant.

Tackle was no different/harder than the three man tag team against Chelsea the week before that everyone was tossing themselves off over. In fact, it was far less robust.

It's a bit over the top from De Jong, but he has gone to win the ball and won it, in bad conditions he's caught Ben Arfa and it is very unfortunate it has resulted in serious injury. De Jong needs to be careful with these challenges, whilst this one was fair and unfortunate, the one on Xabi Alonso combined with this and the fact he broke Holden's leg also in an international game make him likely to gain a reputation amongst refs. Even though he wont be punished for this, his name will be circulated around the refs im sure as one to keep an eye on. It is worth telling him just to be careful, but his game is all about the big tackles and he never intends to injure in my opinion.

They have until 6pm tomorrow to charge him

Standard Directions for Incidents on the Field of Play which fall within Law 12, which were not seen by Match Officials, but caught on video (serious foul play, violent conduct, spitting at an opponent or any other person, offensive, insulting or abusive language or gestures)
Timings
(i) The Charge
A Charge under these provisions may only be issued within the period of two working days of the incident (i.e. for a Saturday/Sunday game, a Charge will usually have to be issued prior to 6pm on the Tuesday). The Charge will be accompanied by all evidence, documents and written submissions upon which The Association intends to rely.
(ii) The Reply
The Player is required to respond to the Charge in writing by 6pm on the first working day following receipt of the Charge (either by fax 020 7745 5777 or by e-mail Disciplinary@TheFA.com). In the absence of a Reply, the matter will be dealt with directly at the next available Regulatory Commission, and submissions from the Player may not be admitted.
The Player may accept the Charge and penalty offered or deny the Charge. In the event that the offered punishment is accepted, the suspension will commence forthwith upon receipt by The Association of the consent of the chairman of the Judicial Panel (or his nominee).

I guess it boils down to this:

Is it possible to make a fair challenge according to the laws of the game, yet break a leg at the same time?

Of course the answer is yes. And that is exactly what De Jong is being vilified for.

It’s not Atkinson who has brought this media frenzy on Man City. He saw a different game, which the City haters won’t let go. One incident has incited lynch mobs to descend on our club. Atkinson said he didn’t see it.(though I have not seen a link yet to prove this accusation) He’s the Referee on the day. Why beat him up? It doesn’t make sense, for once he’s on our side.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.