Atkinson says his view was obscured

Another vendeta against City. Just watched this tackle again, great tackle. Didn't go over the ball or anything, not one player even complained to the ref. Steven Gerrard has gone over the ball on numerous occasions and gone in with elbows and got completely forgotten about.
If Nigel gets a ban for this it will open a can of worms from now on, no one will go in for tackles,ffs it's a contact sport accidents happen!.

pedros said:
Whether Atkinson saw it or not is not conclusive from the video,however,seeing it from the low camera angle shot it does appear that NDJ did not slide in but in fact launched himself at the ball and imo was at least a yellow.

Absolute, complete and utter, 100% bollocks.

If that’s what Atkinson has said then I would back him. I thought he had a good game for a change and gave us the rub of the Green. My personal opinion at the match, which I still believe is it was reckless. But if this is really Atkinson’s stance it allows the FA to open up retrospective Video evidence, and that’s what appears to be happening IMO. And that won’t be beneficial for Man City in the present, climate.

pedros said:
Whether Atkinson saw it or not is not conclusive from the video,however,seeing it from the low camera angle shot it does appear that NDJ did not slide in but in fact launched himself at the ball and imo was at least a yellow.

Jog on rag.

rassclot said:
pedros said:

what for? he won the ball cleanly with his leading leg but unfortunately caught ben arfa's standing leg with his trailing leg.

It was a dangerous tackle. He decided to go off his feet too late when he was too close, and was always risking coming down on top of Ben Arfa's oncoming legs when going in with the forward force he did. I imagine Ben Arfa wasn't expecting it, in most cases the player would jump, but he didn't and that's why his leg got trapped. Just because you win the ball doesn't mean it isn't dangerous, it just wasn't a good tackle. Not malicious, just a bad decision to go in that way.

Still shouldn't be banned though according to the FA's rules.

pedros said:
A really good considered response,SalfordCityBlue.

It got more of a response than it deserved to be honest.

You are either on a wind up or you have never played/watched football before.

this would be wrong on so many levels. A) it is in referee curriculum that you always, always punish the severity of the tackle and not because of the severity of the injury. B) Atkinson clearly saw it and then turned away from the incident, if he lies then he is bringing the entire game into disrepute. C) tackles are judged on careless, reckless or excessive force. I happen to think it was a good tackle that won the ball and Ben Arfa was half-arsed about it and got hurt, however it cannot be considered any more than careless or reckless at the most, and the maximum punishment for this is a yellow, and you cannot hand out retrospective yellow cards.

If De Jong gets banned then it will PROVE that the FA IS a corrupt, politically and financially motivated organisation and that their employees are taking part in fixing and bribery to improve their standing, because if Atkinson had nothing to gain from lying, he would be honest about it. I just hope, pray, that he's actually a decent human being with morals, but with a lot of the scum out there, I'm not getting my hopes up, Prove me wrong, Martin, please, and I'll forgive for your phantom added time at OT last year.

MIKEYP said:
pedros said:

Jog on rag.

is launching at the ball a foul if it is its a new one to me

SalfordCityBlue.
In fact played at quite a high level many years ago.Do watch quite a bit of football having a season ticket [as they were then called] only missed 4 games home and away[including Euro games in last 5 years.Is it ok to have an opinion different to the one you hold?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.