Atletico (A) - Post-Match Thread

Utter bastards savic and felipe and yellow jurgens teeth!

Always had a soft spot for atletico previously but their colours are well and truly nailed to the mast. Dirty fucking thugs.

Our football never really got going last night and arguably in the first leg too. My goodness though we came through a real cauldron of hate. Their fans would always be up for this one but diego shitstain's cynicism was off the scale. Add that to an utter invertebrate with the whistle and we were always going to be up against it.

Laporte and Stones were magnificent, Kyle stayed strong, hope he recovers quickly. Eddie had a big game as did Kev and Phil. They way those animals targeted him was sickening. He stood up to it though, showed his class against the cunts.

Ake was imperious when he came on, much needed steel against constant attacks, many outside the lotg. Dinho led by example got the twats deserved bookings. Zinch after everything that's happened, and probably not close to consideration, immediately came to the defence of Phil when he dragged by his neck by that scruffy turd. Kudos also to Jack for pointing out that he was a ****.

Bruising encounter with injuries going into Saturday. Backs against the wall time. Again.

Special word for bt's reach around for them. Pathetic bitter morons.

No argument needed mate, it's all about opinions.

I'm nearly 30 years older than you, and no doubt have memories of teams, at all levels, that would make Atletico look like pussycats. Mike Summerbee and Co would have loved playing against them.

The European has changed. Not necessarily for the better in my opinion. It's too 'safe' and predictable nowadays in terms of 'protecting' the tournament's big name clubs.

Like I say, it's all about opinions. I enjoyed it, you didn't. The one thing that we must agree on is that it's great to see City in the semi finals!

Cheers!
Yes mate I’m buzzing that we are in the semis. I was made up with that performance last night. It showed a side to us that most people don’t associate with us or realise we have in us and bodes well for the future. We showed we had some minerals last night when it would have been easy to wilt.

Look at foden. Got absolutely mothered by some of those challenges last night but kept showing for the ball and kept taking players on. Would have been easy to hide or ask to come off.

We should all be very proud of that last night. We can’t play pretty passing football every game and control games from the 1st to the last minute.

No argument needed mate, it's all about opinions.

I'm nearly 30 years older than you, and no doubt have memories of teams, at all levels, that would make Atletico look like pussycats. Mike Summerbee and Co would have loved playing against them.

The European has changed. Not necessarily for the better in my opinion. It's too 'safe' and predictable nowadays in terms of 'protecting' the tournament's big name clubs.

Like I say, it's all about opinions. I enjoyed it, you didn't. The one thing that we must agree on is that it's great to see City in the semi finals!

Cheers!
I am with you on this one. I enjoyed it far more than the Sporting game and it felt like there was some real jeopardy in the game. Whilst the referee could undeniably have been much better, I think that performance will stand us in much better stead, going forward, than a 0-2 nice and friendly game would have done.

Last edited:
Apparently UEFA are looking at footage and assessing a 2 year European ban for city based on :

1. Grealish having hair that attacked an oppositions players hand

2. Sterling head butting Savic (as Savic reached down to tie his shoe laces.

3. Fodens physical attack both with the back of his head AND rolling into an opposing players leg off the pitch.

4. City staff refusing to take drug test DNA samples from opposition players in the form of saliva post match and

5. The crowd booing the anthem.

In other news the EFL are looking at docking 9 points from Derby for the distgusting scenes in Madrid last night.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.