Atletico (A) - Post-Match Thread

Do we have any "independent verification" of what Jack Grealish is supposed to have said to Savic? I have been led to believe that he called him a **** but apparently really riled him by asking him where he would watch the semi-final. When Savic's charge sheet includes dragging an injured player off the field and head butting an opponent before pulling Jack's hair (what a macho man Savic must be to pull hair!) I don't think we have much to say to Jack apart from complimenting him on his sense of humour and seconding his opinion of Savic.

Yep. Jack played a blinder. He can look after himself in an understated way. Bit frowned on by our Kaz though as it’s over her head

If my memory is okay I was at a game when Savic scored against Blackburn in an 4/0 away win on a roasting hot October's day.
The game was the first after the Tevez incident in Munich.

If my memory is okay I was at a game when Savic scored against Blackburn in an 4/0 away win on a roasting hot October's day.
The game was the first after the Tevez incident in Munich.
Was at the 3-2 against Spurs where Mario scored a pen in stoppage time. Great match. Savic was fucking shit. Culpable for both Spurs goals if memory serves.

Where do we stand with the yellow cards?
I know cancelo is banned for the 1st leg of the semi. But what about the players who picked up there yellows yesterday is there a possibility of them being banned for the 2nd leg with another yellow or even the final

I suppose it's all relative. You are right - this Atletico team is not as dirty as those from the 1970s, but they're the dirtiest around at the elite level at this moment in time. If they could realistically be as dirty as Leeds in the 1970s then they would happily choose to be that way. Fortunately times change and they operate in an environment that is less tolerant of thuggery on a football field.

None of today's teams are as dirty as those of yesteryear, but by the same token, none of yesteryear's teams are as good as today's teams. The Liverpool team of the 1980s would get panned by every team in the last 8 of the CL this year. When people pick all-time XIs though, they make allowances for changes and advances in coaching, and make assumptions about how good a player might have been in today's super-professional era. The same, therefore, has to be true when assessing how dirty a player of today might have been in a previous era. I fancy that at least half a dozen of those Atletico players would have been amongst the worst about if allowed to operate with a 1970s threshold of refereeing tolerance.
The carpet pitches and attention to diet/fitness are the main differences.

He looked crazy holding on to Ake there and then he goes away and headbutts Raheem, then gets involved with Grealish.

VAR should've got the ref to send him off, but as there's video evidence of the headbutt and even him going after Grealish in the tunnel, Uefa should throw the book at that twat..........no fucking chance!
Reminded me of Joey Barton when we played QPR. Kicking and head butting trying to take one of ours with him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.