Atletico (A) - Post-Match Thread

Pep, If Atletico were an English team, who would they be?
5806FE69-14DA-4BA4-9DE5-B435A5CDF16C.jpeg
Easy guys, Stoke with a suntan, believe me, I’m here all week.

Just back. It felt like they had decided on the 1 copper for every city fan Approach.

ott. On horses, vans, foot, helicopter.

may be they should have had a few more in the tunnel!

madrid is a great city.

Brilliant. You have got to love elite level shithousery at play here. City have arrived and Phil is about to go up another level IMO. He was targeted like teams used to do to messi.

The state of Savic! What a ****! He should get a retrospective ban. Also Felipe should get an additional ban for refusing to leave the pitch after being sent off.

Buch of shithouses!

strange really because according to camel gob who is really anti- City, players call each other that all the time. Guess you’ll be adding Jack to your list of FFS players.
There is only one FFS , when you finally stop being stupid and see what that nickname is all about then get back to me

Grealish thought it was fun in the first game and last night , he is immature , nothing to do with the language

There is only one FFS , when you finally stop being stupid and see what that nickname is all about then get back to me

Grealish thought it was fun in the first game and last night , he is immature , nothing to do with the language
funniest part of the night jack calling him a **** with that look on his face, and the **** bit :)

They're nowhere near as dirty as Don Revie's Leeds were. In fact there were plenty of English teams at that time who would make 2022 Atletico look like angels.

Let's face it,we weren't exactly choirboys at City at the time. Mike Summerbee, Francis Lee, Tony Coleman, Mike Doyle... Even Tony Book wasn't averse to using the 'dark arts' on occasion.
I suppose it's all relative. You are right - this Atletico team is not as dirty as those from the 1970s, but they're the dirtiest around at the elite level at this moment in time. If they could realistically be as dirty as Leeds in the 1970s then they would happily choose to be that way. Fortunately times change and they operate in an environment that is less tolerant of thuggery on a football field.

None of today's teams are as dirty as those of yesteryear, but by the same token, none of yesteryear's teams are as good as today's teams. The Liverpool team of the 1980s would get panned by every team in the last 8 of the CL this year. When people pick all-time XIs though, they make allowances for changes and advances in coaching, and make assumptions about how good a player might have been in today's super-professional era. The same, therefore, has to be true when assessing how dirty a player of today might have been in a previous era. I fancy that at least half a dozen of those Atletico players would have been amongst the worst about if allowed to operate with a 1970s threshold of refereeing tolerance.

I believe If we beat Real Madrid we'll start next season as the highest ranks side in UEFA's coefficient rankings for the first time ever.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.