Atletico (A) - Post-Match Thread

Times have indeed changed, and for the better. City have an investment on that field of play into the 100s of millions. The last thing they, and hopefully us fans too, want to see is Stefan Savage and Co. kicking their investment in the head, leg, back, and not be punished for it.
Too many of the older generation mistake aggression for passion, and brutality for competitiveness.
What athletico did last night was mask their inability to fully compete with aggressive behaviour.
I wouldn't say that Atletico were unable to fully compete. They played very well for the majority of the second half and had us on the back foot many times. It brought the best out of our defenders, and made for a great game in my opinion.

Football isn't all about Fancy Dan pas pass pass possession stuff, it's a tough game that sorts men from boys. The fans in the stadium loved it, and made the ground a cauldron of noise. It meant so much to them. It was a proper battle.

Sport isn't meant to be pretty, and participants aren't meant to be wrapped in cotton wool. What we saw last night was genuine passion and two great rivals battling for a prize.

Proper football.

Sometimes you think you couldn’t love this club anymore and then you get nights like tonight. That performance and to stand up to that level of thuggery was something else.

Honestly they were bordering on criminal and I was just waiting for them to break one of our lads legs. That **** Savic is unhinged and we should wipe that shitstain from the history of our club.
Felipe as well. These pricks are supposed to be professional. That was akin to Sunday league thuggery tonight and sanctions should follow.

City fans should have pride in that performance tonight and puff their chests out and walk with a swagger. If anyone ever questions the commitment or attitude of this side again or their bottle then take a look again at tonight.
All of them are the fucking men.

Now is the time that us as a fanbase give our all to this team as they deserve all that we can give.

Starts Saturday. It’s going to be a graft but come on city and up the fucking blues.
Great Post. Sums it up superbly. What pleased me the most was that we've finally become streetwise in this competition. Loved Phil rolling back onto the pitch and Ake wasting time. Wound them up to fuck. Karma.

I wouldn't say that Atletico were unable to fully compete. They played very well for the majority of the second half and had us on the back foot many times. It brought the best out of our defenders, and made for a great game in my opinion.

Football isn't all about Fancy Dan pas pass pass possession stuff, it's a tough game that sorts men from boys. The fans in the stadium loved it, and made the ground a cauldron of noise. It meant so much to them. It was a proper battle.

Sport isn't meant to be pretty, and participants aren't meant to be wrapped in cotton wool. What we saw last night was genuine passion and two great rivals battling for a prize.

Proper football.

Well said.

We don't want to become so precious as a supporter base if a team 'doesn't play our way'.

Just got up after getting in at 4:30 this morning. Enough has been said regarding their antics, some of which were a total disgrace, however.

What a game, what an atmosphere to have been involved in. A real boys being turned into men kind of situation. Really quite proud that despite being on the ropes a lot in that 2nd half, we managed to get the job done. It could have been a lot easier, thought John Stones header early in 1st half was a real chance, we hit the post and Gundo had a really good chance late in the game too.

Referee is as much to blame as anyone for how it boiled over. Allowing the Felipe challenge on Foden eary in the game set the tone for how far Atlético could push the boundaries in my opinion.

What a tough little fucker Foden is too. I've been saying to my wife for ages that he's going to blow his top soon enough with some of the treatment he gets and how he didn't completely blow his top last night I'll never know.

I imagine if his mum was on the touchline they'd have been a fire extinguisher or two being swung about.

Anyway, to conclude. One of the best European games I've been to, a proper European atmosphere and a good result.
His top couldn’t blow as the medics had bandaged it back to his bonce.

To be fair if they would have out shit housed the rags and the dippers then we would have loved it.
You can still call it out for the disgrace it is though.

Folk going on about how it's "old school" football and they love to see it are just talking shite.

I can enjoy Ronaldo getting booted but still admit that just booting him would be a disgrace.

Proper football.
Football: the never ending abuse of the word "passion" to disguise tribal thuggery. Cheating and law breaking never sorts men from boys, it reveals the cowardly thug.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.