Atletico (H) | CL QF 1st Leg | Post Match Thread

Just got in tough game tonight against a well drilled anti footballing team just so glad we got a lead to take over their with us. To slow at times tonight but I suppose it’s hard when you have so many players behind the ball. Well played City one down 3 massive games to go.

Just got home after a post match beer. What a load of unadulterated defensive tripe from Athletico. Simeone's way of playing football is as far away from the beautiful game as a butchers block is from animal welfare. People call big fat Sam but is that football tonight any better than what he produced. Simeone would not last two seasons in the Premier league he destroys the beautiful game.

a vermin of a club to say the least, a horrible game to watch, just glad we ground out a result and deservingly so.

All about results. We got what we wanted so happy days. Taking a lead over there was vital, means they have to attack at some point and with walker available again we will have more protection against the counter. Should suit us a lot more than tonight.

Thought our performance was crap, no individual was shit but no individual was particularly good either the whole team was lacking. We shifted it around far too slowly, played like it was a shape training session with no nets, side to side with little tempo in our game and gave the ball away a ridiculous amount of times under no pressure just simple misplaced passes. Fair play to Pep for making 3 subs at once, it gave us the shot in the arse we needed, especially foden.

Defended the counter very well throughout, gundogan made a brilliant recovery run and tackle second half and the entire back 4 generally did well. Special mention to Ake who's come in from the cold and playing out of position, completely locked that side down. There's a lot, and I mean an awful lot of people he's making look foolish everytime he steps on the pitch.

Shame we couldn't get a more commanding lead but I would have taken 1-0 tonight. On to Sunday where we will need to be a lot better and I expect we will be.
“Thought our performance was crap”. “I would have taken 1-0 tonight “. “Defended the counter very well throughput “. Nowt like consistency..,

You wouldn’t risk Kevin De Bruyne in our biggest game of the season? Fucking fucking hell
Maybe I wouldn’t play Gundog but I think we have to get Foden and Grealish into the starting line up. We can’t drop Berni or Rodri either

In terms of our ability to keep possession I don’t think Kev makes our strongest 11

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.