Atletico (H) | CL QF 1st Leg - Tue 5th April, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a look at the teams villa played when they won it, forest too. And liverpool. They played about 4 rounds and were playing the champions of ireland and finland.

infinitely harder trophy to win now than then
For sheer quality of European opposition, it's hard to beat United's 1991 Cup Winners Cup route to the final. They reached the quarter finals by beating 2 teams: Pecsi Munkas & Wrexham.
Then Montpellier in the QF & Legia Warsaw in the SF.

Ederson
Cancelo
Stones
Laporte
Zinchenko
rodri
Bernardo
Gundogan
Mahrez
Foden
Kdb

Don't think we will press high, we will prioritise control and limiting the counters otherwise jesus would come in for gundo. There won't be any space for sterling to run into so can't see him starting, he's a better option from the bench when we've hopefully tired them out. Rest of the team pretty much picks itself. Ake at left back is an option but don't think Pep will have all 3 of his centre backs on the pitch given the injury concerns in that area and the dippers up next.

If we score early I think we have a comfortable night. If we start slowly and get slower, they'll find it very easy to defend against us which could lead to a very frustrating night.

So, would it be

Stones
Laporte
Ake
Cancelo?

That 40m+ investment in Ake will have to pay off in a big way. He has been looking good.
Yeah, feel like Cancelo as left back has become ingrained into our setup and the way we have attacked this season, I really don't want us to change that in a crucial knock out game. Ake should be more than enough to do the job against Atleti.

Confess I feel a little nervous about thus, European games haven't really bothered me before. Maybe it's more because it's the start of a big week.

Anyway, facing the counter without walker is a problem, and I think the other issue we need to overcome is the decision to play inverted wingers or not. Both their full backs are mostly one footed so it could work, but bringing the ball inside against this lot packing the centre may also not be clever.

Have a suspicion Jesus could play, or at least be important here.

Still think we'll win, 2-0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.