Atletico Madrid | Friendly (N) | Post Match Thread

We were controlling the game, despite not scoring and allowing Atletico chances. Once the raft of substitutes happened,Atletico looked far superior and but for Ortega could have been well in front before they did score. Dias had a nightmare second half. Too many times we heard ‘City player’ has lost the ball, given away possession, lost control. Our 2nd string is not able to control games and doesn’t create enough. However, a good run out against a very good, competitive Atletico side, but we need to get back into our rhythm quickly. On to next Sunday.

It was a good workout against a tough opponent. The result was irrelevant.

My major concern is the lack of quality in the final 3rd. We have far too many players who can’t/won’t take responsibility for making something happen. It’s all nice, sideways passing, keeping possession, but if KDB and/or Foden aren’t on the pitch, it is hard to see how that possession turns into chances and goals.

Do hate losing but today a good example of way you shouldn’t get too worked up about pre-season results. City were the better team until all the changes.

Atletico are a horrid team in lots of ways but a good test. Hate losing to them though as Simeone is such a twat.

They do have a strong squad and it did highlight that we probably do need to go into the market to bring in a bit more than our kids currently offer.

In an ideal world, I’d change out one or two more senior players (Philips / Gomez) within the squad but you have to be practicable. We do have 15 or so absolutely fabulous players.

Kovacic continues to look a fine purchase.

Foden continues to look like he could be heading for an important season in a more central role.

Jack starting to look more like himself.

Kyle and Bernie need to stay.

All about fitness and getting players up to speed,my only concern ( yes de bruyne didn’t play) is the slight lack of creativity and the need to bring in a few more faces including Gvardiol ..

Of the youngsters only perrone and palmer is ready for the first team. everyone else needs to go on loan. and so our clueless board should pull their fingers out of their ass and start behaving like a big club and buy the necessary players.
Not seen enough of Perrone, I agree that Cole should be given a good go he’s shown in glimpses what he can do.

Good for about 50 minutes the not good for the rest. Our second half substitutes got out muscled by Atletico. Nothing to be concerned as we will never see Pep make a load of changes at once again this season (unless we’re 5-0 up at Half Time)

If there is one area of concern it’s at right back. After Walker went off we saw Cancelo get stranded up field (not for the first time) and Lewis couldnt get near Carrasco for their second goal. Not quick enough and not strong enough.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.