Atletico supposedly after Negredo.....

01cravend said:
We should squeeze every penny we can out of them. But even if we accepted 25mil euros it's a good deal, making money on someone who had a season of two halves and is another year older.

If we keep Negredo then fantastic but if we get a younger and quicker replacement who can get a similar goal return then I would consider that.

It's the lack of pace that kills us when Sergio is out as we have nobody who is willing to run in behind defenders and it causes Silva and Nasri to get frustrated because they cannot make a pass for someone to run on to.

01cravend said:
We should squeeze every penny we can out of them. But even if we accepted 25mil euros it's a good deal, making money on someone who had a season of two halves and is another year older.

Its quite common to see players come into the PL, have a great start and then disappear.

But Negredo looked the real deal. Some of his goals were sublime, not flukes. He has great physical attributes and excellent skill for a big man. And there was a reason, his injury, why his form dipped. At the end of the season he was trying too hard, rushing attempts to score. He hadn't been found out it was just that his confidence was shot. A couple of goals and he'll be back to his best.

cibaman said:
01cravend said:

Its quite common to see players come into the PL, have a great start and then disappear.

But Negredo looked the real deal. Some of his goals were sublime, not flukes. He has great physical attributes and excellent skill for a big man. And there was a reason, his injury, why his form dipped. At the end of the season he was trying too hard, rushing attempts to score. He hadn't been found out it was just that his confidence was shot. A couple of goals and he'll be back to his best.

I don't trust the beast in front of goal, He just does not seem cold enough for me. He is capable of sublime things but I started to have my doubts about him when he nearly fluffed his chance against Liverpool. He should have buried that and got lucky as Mignolet fluffed it. When he acts on instinct he seems to put them away. When given a bit of time he seems have start doubting what he is doing.

cibaman said:
01cravend said:

Exactly. Buggering up his shoulder stopped a great season. Hope we keep him

People go on about his shoulder injury. What did he miss? About 1 game? I can't remember specifically how many, but it was a very routine and simple recovery. It was not a bad injury. Yet people seem to think it fully explains a 4 month goal drought? Not a chance.

Tricky_Trev said:
People go on about his shoulder injury. What did he miss? About 1 game? I can't remember specifically how many, but it was a very routine and simple recovery. It was not a bad injury. Yet people seem to think it fully explains a 4 month goal drought? Not a chance.

Nonsense,he played(tried.....) through the injury,damage to the rotator cuff isn't a simple recovery

Nightmare Walking said:
cibaman said:
01cravend said:

I don't trust the beast in front of goal, He just does not seem cold enough for me. He is capable of sublime things but I started to have my doubts about him when he nearly fluffed his chance against Liverpool. He should have buried that and got lucky as Mignolet fluffed it. When he acts on instinct he seems to put them away. When given a bit of time he seems have start doubting what he is doing.

Its the same with Dzeko too

FantasyIreland said:
Tricky_Trev said:

Nonsense,he played(tried.....) through the injury,damage to the rotator cuff isn't a simple recovery
Was it confirmed as rotator cuff damage? If it was, I don't see how it would have inhibited him other than by making some movements uncomfortable.

I wouldn't loose any sleep if we sold him promoted jovetic and bought Sanchez.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.