Atletico supposedly after Negredo.....

Tricky_Trev said:
A bit of realism is needed here. It wouldn't be the first time a footballer has said he's happy and doesn't want to leave, only to then leave pretty sharpish. Plus, it could well be his FAMILY that are unsettled in England, not the beast himself. I don't think this particularly changes anything. In the transfer window, it's wise to ignore what players/managers/agents say!

So if he said he wants to leave,are we to ignore that too??

yeah whatever !! said:
Tricky_Trev said:
A bit of realism is needed here. It wouldn't be the first time a footballer has said he's happy and doesn't want to leave, only to then leave pretty sharpish. Plus, it could well be his FAMILY that are unsettled in England, not the beast himself. I don't think this particularly changes anything. In the transfer window, it's wise to ignore what players/managers/agents say!

Perhaps that should be posted in the YaYa thread -:)

grim up north said:
yeah whatever !! said:
Tricky_Trev said:

Perhaps that should be posted in the YaYa thread -:)
Yaya wants to leave??

;)

Tricky_Trev said:

Your way of staying abreast of summer transfer news, then, is to ignore what players, managers, and agents say and to adhere to press speculation in their place?

As to the general conversation: I work in publicity quite often, and as fun and whimsical as these things seem they're very contrived, at the risk of making everything look cynical. They are very carefully set up, the questions would be carefully narrowed down for Alvaro (in case anyone was under the weird delusion that he was just reading random questions off a twitter feed), and there is no way in hell a publicity team would ever put themselves in the potentially awkward position of asking a first-team player a controversial or riling question. It just wouldn't happen, that's the kind of way people in publicity lose their jobs. If he was asked if he was happy at City, then he was either prepped for the question far in advance or the club already knew the answer from recent sit-down conversations. My guess is it's the latter -- either he was always happy, and the club took the time after recent media speculation to check in with the player and make sure that's still the case, or the signing of Manzukic at Atleti meant that Alvaro's team took the opportunity to check in with the City brass and let them know he has had a change of heart and wants to stay.

Since all of the original media speculation could be traced back to the Spanish press, which couldn't be less reliable, I'm personally guessing there wasn't much in this. But if he was unhappy then he wanted the chance to make a u-turn, and they wouldn't published the question without a lot of careful thought and consideration from both player and club.

Tron Coltrane said:
Tricky_Trev said:

Your way of staying abreast of summer transfer news, then, is to ignore what players, managers, and agents say and to adhere to press speculation in their place?

As to the general conversation: I work in publicity quite often, and as fun and whimsical as these things seem they're very contrived, at the risk of making everything look cynical. They are very carefully set up, the questions would be carefully narrowed down for Alvaro (in case anyone was under the weird delusion that he was just reading random questions off a twitter feed), and there is no way in hell a publicity team would ever put themselves in the potentially awkward position of asking a first-team player a controversial or riling question. It just wouldn't happen, that's the kind of way people in publicity lose their jobs. If he was asked if he was happy at City, then he was either prepped for the question far in advance or the club already knew the answer from recent sit-down conversations. My guess is it's the latter -- either he was always happy, and the club took the time after recent media speculation to check in with the player and make sure that's still the case, or the signing of Manzukic at Atleti meant that Alvaro's team took the opportunity to check in with the City brass and let them know he has had a change of heart and wants to stay.

Since all of the original media speculation could be traced back to the Spanish press, which couldn't be less reliable, I'm personally guessing there wasn't much in this. But if he was unhappy then he wanted the chance to make a u-turn, and they wouldn't published the question without a lot of careful thought and consideration from both player and club.

How dare you speak sense!!

Spot on mate, top post.

Tron Coltrane said:
Tricky_Trev said:

Its a cynical world that we live in. I appreciate that and sometimes people and events are manipulated for a purpose. I also appreciate the Tolm has said that the Beast is restless.

Nevertheless I think in this instance Alvaro speaking directly to the camera should be taken at face value. He may at one point have felt that things weren't working out. I can understand this when he couldn't break back into the run on team during the title conclusion.

It looks to me like he has thought about things and decided to stay. I hope this is correct because he is a very talented footballer and made a major contribution last season.

Informative post, Tron Coltrane (like your user name by the way!) With Kun' s injury situation still not particularly clear (and it seems to me we should be cautious about Jovetic, too, although he's the one I'm expecting big things of this season), it would be complete insanity to sell Beast. Don't even go there...

Alvaro Negredo has claimed he is happy at Manchester City and is ready to stay and win back his place.

Negredo, a £16million buy from Sevilla last summer, lost his place towards the end of City's title-winning season when his goals dried up.

After scoring 23 goals in the first half of the season, Negredo failed to find the back of the net again after suffering a shoulder injury in January.

Negredo's loss of form, coupled with suggestions he was homesick, led to interest from Atletico Madrid, who looked at Negredo to replace Diego Costa.

But Negredo, 28, answering suestions from City fans during a break from the club's pre-season preparations in Scotland, set the record straight on his future.

The striker's dip in form cost him a place in Spain's World Cup squad and he acknowledged that his slump caused speculation about his future at City.

But Negredo said: "I don't want to leave City. I'm very happy and very settled here.

"I had a difficult end to the season and that's why there has been a lot of talking. But I've been very happy here from the first day I arrived.

Although Negredo admitted he missed his homeland, he said it was not enough to make him seek an immediate return home after just one season in England.

"Maybe a bit more on the personal side than when we talk football, but I don't cry easily," said the striker. "I am sensible but I have to love that person a lot to be homesick."

SPIDERBOY said:
Alvaro Negredo has claimed he is happy at Manchester City and is ready to stay and win back his place.

Negredo, a £16million buy from Sevilla last summer, lost his place towards the end of City's title-winning season when his goals dried up.

After scoring 23 goals in the first half of the season, Negredo failed to find the back of the net again after suffering a shoulder injury in January.

Negredo's loss of form, coupled with suggestions he was homesick, led to interest from Atletico Madrid, who looked at Negredo to replace Diego Costa.

But Negredo, 28, answering suestions from City fans during a break from the club's pre-season preparations in Scotland, set the record straight on his future.

The striker's dip in form cost him a place in Spain's World Cup squad and he acknowledged that his slump caused speculation about his future at City.

But Negredo said: "I don't want to leave City. I'm very happy and very settled here.

"I had a difficult end to the season and that's why there has been a lot of talking. But I've been very happy here from the first day I arrived.

Although Negredo admitted he missed his homeland, he said it was not enough to make him seek an immediate return home after just one season in England.

"Maybe a bit more on the personal side than when we talk football, but I don't cry easily," said the striker. "I am sensible but I have to love that person a lot to be homesick."

Don't wont the beast to go ...scousers are sniffing round now.

birchwoodgingerste said:
SPIDERBOY said:

Don't wont the beast to go ...scousers are sniffing round now.

Has Robbie got his charly out again??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.