Atletico supposedly after Negredo.....

They bought Mandzukic so thought he might be the reason they wont be after Negredo but since they sold Adrian to Porto for about 10m€ who was a 3rd striker behind Costa and Villa for them, Villa left too to New York, and the younger striker they brought over from Argentina Correa has some serious injury. So they sold 3 strikers got in two one of them is out for months.

They are in the middle of a pretty big rebuild, F. Luis, Costa, Curtois, Villa, Adrian all left so far.

Damanino said:
They bought Mandzukic so thought he might be the reason they wont be after Negredo but since they sold Adrian to Porto for about 10m€ who was a 3rd striker behind Costa and Villa for them, Villa left too to New York, and the younger striker they brought over from Argentina Correa has some serious injury. So they sold 3 strikers got in two one of them is out for months.

They are in the middle of a pretty big rebuild, F. Luis, Costa, Curtois, Villa, Adrian all left so far.

Correa had a tumour removed from his heart after it was discovered during his medical.

Football saves another life. Feel for the lad but he is fortunate that it was caught.

<a class="postlink" href="http://metro.co.uk/2014/07/18/real-madrid-eye-up-move-for-manchester-citys-alvaro-negredo-as-replacement-for-alvaro-morata-4803430/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://metro.co.uk/2014/07/18/real-madr ... a-4803430/</a>

Real Madrid are reportedly eyeing up a move for Manchester City striker Alvaro Negredo as a potential replacement for Juventus-bound Alvaro Morata.

The Spanish giants are on the verge of selling their youth product, Morata, to the Italian champions and have been looking for players who could replace the 21-year-old at the Santiago Bernabeu outfit next term.

And according to Spanish website, Fichajes.com, Los Blancos believe Negredo would fit the bill because of his history in La Liga previously.

The story comes just days after the striker revealed that he did not want to leave England in the coming months after having being linked with Real’s city rivals, Atletico Madrid, recently.

He said: ‘I don’t want to leave City, I’m very happy and settled here.

‘I had a difficult end to the season and that’s why there’s been a lot of talking. But I’ve been very happy from the first day I arrived.’

Real Madrid 'eye up move' for City's Negredo as replacement for Morata
Alvaro Negredo (left) wants to stay at Manchester City this summer (Picture: Getty Images)
Negredo joined Manchester City from Sevilla last summer for about £16m and scored 23 Premier League goals in his debut season in England – although his last goal came on January 21.

Atletico were reportedly willing to shell out £12m to sign Negredo following the departure of Diego Costa to Chelsea but City reportedly want more for the Spain international.

Continued speculation in the press this morning (Sunday) re the beast being pursued by Real Madrid. I know the player himself has said that he is happy and settled at City, but those comments were made AFTER Athletico signed Madzukik...or whatever his name is...
Anyway, if the reports regarding Real are true, I think Alvaro may be tempted as this is apparently his home town team. I think it would be a great shame if we lost this player although if he really does want to return to Spain then I feel we should allow this, especially if we can squeeze a big fee out of Real.

sam-caddick said:
City Watch @City_Watch · 3h

Marca: Real Madrid are considering City striker Alvaro Negredo (28) as one of the possible options to replace Alvaro Morata at the Bernabeu.

swap with Isco if they really want him...unless we think we have a better shot at getting Barkley then get money.

I'd love to keep the Beast, him and Aguero were unplayable together, but with age (about to be 29 just after the season starts) not on his side, I think it would be wiser in the long term to cash on him for a younger player.

bluechampion7891 said:
sam-caddick said:

Marca: Real Madrid are considering City striker Alvaro Negredo (28) as one of the possible options to replace Alvaro Morata at the Bernabeu.

swap with Isco if they really want him...unless we think we have a better shot at getting Barkley then get money.

I'd love to keep the Beast, him and Aguero were unplayable together, but with age (about to be 29 just after the season starts) not on his side, I think it would be wiser in the long term to cash on him for a younger player.

He is in his prime and not too old

bluechampion7891 said:
sam-caddick said:

I'd love to keep the Beast, him and Aguero were unplayable together, but with age (about to be 29 just after the season starts) not on his side, I think it would be wiser in the long term to cash on him for a younger player.[/quote

29 je whizz thats old players are playing until there mid 30 s easily a good five years yet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.