Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
Was in 316. Was really good first 25 minutes but fizzled out after that as it often does at the Etihad for some reason. Same in the second half until the last half hour. Saw some Liverpool fan twat get battered and dragged out in 315 after their goal. Seems like the rest of the ground didn't join in with the South Stand as usual, although admittedly it wasn't the greatest up their but still alright and very loud in moments.
It happened in the row in front of me. Two Liverpool fans jumped up when they scored. They were told in no uncertain terms to leave - immediately. They just sat there. They were told again to leave let’s just say rather forcefully. They just sat there. One fan then physically dragged one of them out into the aisle. Then it got naughty. A load of so called City fans laid into him and gave him a serious hiding. Completely unnecessary and uncalled for. Easy to kick fuck out of a single defenceless bloke when it’s one versus twenty. They shouldn’t have been there. They shouldn’t have jumped up, but they didn’t deserve the serious kicking they got.

It happened in the row in front of me. Two Liverpool fans jumped up when they scored. They were told in no uncertain terms to leave - immediately. They just sat there. They were told again to leave let’s just say rather forcefully. They just sat there. One fan then physically dragged one of them out into the aisle. Then it got naughty. A load of so called City fans laid into him and gave him a serious hiding. Completely unnecessary and uncalled for. Easy to kick fuck out of a single defenceless bloke when it’s one versus twenty. They shouldn’t have been there. They shouldn’t have jumped up, but they didn’t deserve the serious kicking they got.
I'm sure if the roles were reversed the fine folks of the kop would've seen the funny side of it

On the half/half scarves comments. Idnt pay attention to them in thr crowd but to synx up with the comments about them, there's a guy selling them and a few other bits every week outside the steps to the south stand right next to the away end, I've no doubt he sells a decent amount each game but i rarely see anybody actually buying them from him as I'm walking by to my entrance.

Today there was a huge huddle around those steps, I assumed something was going on and/or they were passing about with the entrance lines and it wasn't until I approached that I realised it was an actual and substantial queue for the merch man. First time ive ever seen such a Thing. Probably his best ever day.

A dipper in the City end…. I’m shocked it went off

Zero sympathy from me…. Just like you’d get if you were stupid enough to do it at Klanfield

Not the best today but not the worst either. Had some great atmospheres in this fixture in recent years but not today and the 12:30 kick off didn't help.

Have to agree with the comments in relation to Pep. Guy is a genius as a manager but a bit out of touch with what is happening in the ground. If the club want to keep profiteering on resale tickets the number of ‘real’ fans likely to make the atmosphere will be less and less and consequently the atmosphere is affected.
Yep. I sold my ST for today's game because 1) of the garbage KO time which is not conducive to a good atmosphere plus knackers the whole day with a family and 2) cos it's easy.

Thought it was awful today truth be told, I'm FOC Level 3 and normally SS is loud but only heard them a few times today, it's ok Pep gesturing but at that point we were pissing about with it at the back and slowly passing sideways, it's always gets nervy when we start playing like that, we are reactionary, not like in Germany where there's a shitting drum banging all game.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.