Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
Yes sir, great comment. The atmosphere as we knew and loved it has gone for good.

The sense of excitement, belonging and even the vague sense of lawlessness that once permeated the big games has been replaced by middle management's idea of a family friendly fun atmosphere.

It's fucking nauseating.
I’m sorry you feel so miserable. Why don’t you try some lower league football. I hear it can be a right laugh and a throwback to the old days.

I agree. I like it when he encourages an atmosphere, but it’s turned into criticism now. He doesn’t seem to understand some of the reasons why the atmosphere isn’t great at times - prices, tourists, kick off times…..he keeps turning to the tunnel club and expecting noise as well
He should understand as Barcelona home games are like going to Disneyland

Yes sir, great comment. The atmosphere as we knew and loved it has gone for good.

The sense of excitement, belonging and even the vague sense of lawlessness that once permeated the big games has been replaced by middle management's idea of a family friendly fun atmosphere.

It's fucking nauseating.
Totally agree, I can’t get to games now due to deteriorating health (heart problems) but I messaged my WhatsApp group of Blues who have been travelling to home matches since the mid-80’s from Lincs.

Was the atmosphere as bad as it sounded, or have Sky turned their volume down again? Their reply was we’re surrounded by tourists or families, and it’s Saturday lunchtime.

I just think back to the Kippax and sigh

I don’t see a problem with what Pep said. In the past he’s criticised and praised our support, so it’s not like it’s all one way from him. But then again, it was a 12.30 kick off and the feral fuckers barely sang a word until they scored. So they can slag off our support all they want, but Liverpool away fans are consistently up there with the worst away fans to visit the Etihad for a good few years. You could put that down to nerves due to the size of the game, but they are still wank.

But yeah, the atmosphere was shit yesterday and all Pep was trying to do was wake us up. Some of the games last season were brilliant, we completely shit Madrid and Arsenal up due to how loud we were. It can’t be rocking every game.

I don’t see a problem with what Pep said. In the past he’s criticised and praised our support, so it’s not like it’s all one way from him. But then again, it was a 12.30 kick off and the feral fuckers barely sang a word until they scored. So they can slag off our support all they want, but Liverpool away fans are consistently up there with the worst away fans to visit the Etihad for a good few years. You could put that down to nerves due to the size of the game, but they are still wank.

But yeah, the atmosphere was shit yesterday and all Pep was trying to do was wake us up. Some of the games last season were brilliant, we completely shit Madrid and Arsenal up due to how loud we were. It can’t be rocking every game.

Pep is the only manager ever who gets asked about the fans not making enough noise! There is another narrative being set by the media over the last few years and it's to criticise us fans!

The swamp is a morgue Anfield the same no media ever ask those managers about there fans sat on there arse quiet as a mouse!

I also agree with Pep. Not enough Blues could be arsed to get behind the team. Especially, when the game got more tense in the second half.

Regarding Blues who said they couldn’t get a ticket for face value. I saw several tickets were resold to fellow Blues yesterday morning. via the face value ticket sites. I think there is a fair amount of illness going around so tickets were available if people really wanted them. I know the morning of the game is too late for fans travelling long distance.

Pep is the only manager ever who gets asked about the fans not making enough noise! There is another narrative being set by the media over the last few years and it's to criticise us fans!
He should learn to ignore the questions then, he goes to away grounds and hears how quiet it is ,not just ours at home.

I also agree with Pep. Not enough Blues could be arsed to get behind the team. Especially, when the game got more tense in the second half.

Regarding Blues who said they couldn’t get a ticket for face value. I saw several tickets were resold to fellow Blues yesterday morning. via the face value ticket sites. I think there is a fair amount of illness going around so tickets were available if people really wanted them. I know the morning of the game is too late for fans travelling long distance.
A lot of blues are unaware of these FV sites. If Pep wants to call out the atmosphere being shite then he needs to speak to the tossers in the commercial team who decide to
a) charge a premium for matchday tickets
b) release tickets on one day without any form of criteria which attracts neutrals and tourists who don't contribute to the atmosphere.

The club needs to decide what's a priority, atmosphere or commercial revenue. We all know they're obsessed with selling cityzen memberships because it's easy revenue.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.