Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
Whatever anyone on here thinks about the atmosphere, thanks to Pep the media and other fans have just been given the green light to continue the emptyhad / city have no fans / stadium full of tourists bollocks with him as backup, tosser.

Exactly. He should shut the fuck up. He’s a negative stuck record about our home support. If he’s so constantly upset about our home support, maybe he should go back to Bayern Munich and bask in the (German) Ultra atmosphere, he’s missing so much.

They didn't have a million cameras pointing at us at Maine Road.
Things are different because fans don't want arrests and banning order's. CTID

We did towards the end, I'm not sure when they came in but they were there. The police control center was situated above that section in the North stand next to the Main stand. Quite an eye opener if you ever looked in. ( No pun intended) Banks of TV screens as clear as day and a fair few watching them, zooming in, the lot. It even covered outside.

Just wait until the capacity is 62,000. There will be loads more tourists, day trippers, half and halfers, and ‘fans from other clubs’ sat in the home ends, as City will sell the tickets to anyone, just to shift them.

The club decided to release PL tickets for the first half of the season on one day back in July with a very weak form of criteria for the big games. I also think they hold a decent amount of tickets back to sell through tourist agencies at a premium.
There was a story doing the rounds during the summer about most PL clubs having hundreds, or possibly thousands, of touting memberships. This applied to season, match and hospitality memberships and the touts would sell the tickets for huge profits either direct or via third party tourism companies.
The clubs don't care as it's easy income.
Like many on here I'd prefer the Etihad to be full of dedicated Blues raising the roof every game but no ground is like that. Many don't want to sing (but oddly will join in the Poznan) and I accept that if they are regular City fans and have attended for many years. What pisses me off is tourists who wear half 'n' half scarves and just sit in silence or worse still video bits of the game on their phones. To be clear; I don't object to tourist fans as a concept as I've seen many games as a neutral, but I object to tourists getting tickets ahead of dedicated City fans.
For the record, I doubt I was preventing any regulars attending when I watched North Ferriby v Ashington during the international break. - Another former league team seen.

Exactly. He should shut the fuck up. He’s a negative stuck record about our home support. If he’s so constantly upset about our home support, maybe he should go back to Bayern Munich and bask in the (German) Ultra atmosphere, he’s missing so much.

He stands in front of the tunnel club and the press section so it's hardly going to be raucous there. No problem with him geeing the crowd up at the time but as usual the TV reporters jump all over it in interview. They can't wait to try and find a negative to report. As for other fans on that cesspit that is Twitter I'd ignore them. I saw some Irish based dipper cretin had posted a picture taken from his TV screen, showing some empty seats in the East stand with the players on the pitch. "Look at this, biggest game of their season and they can't fill their stadium" he crowed. It was pointed out to him that was just after halftime when people were still returning to their seats. This was a bloke in his fifties at least. They are deranged.

OK, I know I’m opening myself up for attach here but I thought our fans were very poor today, was nowhere near as hostile as it should pave been. Liverpool fans were shite as well to be fair

It’s easy to blame a 12:30 kick off, but it’s the same at every PL match that has an early kick off. For whatever reason it really does effect the atmosphere.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.