Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
The club needs to decide what's a priority, atmosphere or commercial revenue. We all know they're obsessed with selling cityzen memberships because it's easy revenue.
you already know the answer to that,its commercial revenue,they now send out several txts telling you to put your season card seats up for resale before a game if you're unable.to attend

Being a bit naive, can someone tell me how all the day trippers get tickets? I arrived back in Manchester airport on Friday evening just as a flight from Norway arrived. The flight was full of guys going to the game, most of them admitting to being Liverpool fans. Yesterday in CB level 3 I had 4 guys from Budapest sat in close proximity, all of them secretly hoping for a Liverpool win.
The seat next to me isn’t a season ticket ticket and I have promised to take my neighbours lad to a premier league game but god knows how I am supposed to buy it, because it never comes up on the official website.

you already know the answer to that,its commercial revenue,they now send out several txts telling you to put your season card seats up for resale before a game if you're unable.to attend
You know the answer to that then, call out the commercial team and don't make digs towards the fans.

Being a bit naive, can someone tell me how all the day trippers get tickets? I arrived back in Manchester airport on Friday evening just as a flight from Norway arrived. The flight was full of guys going to the game, most of them admitting to being Liverpool fans. Yesterday in CB level 3 I had 4 guys from Budapest sat in close proximity, all of them secretly hoping for a Liverpool win.
The seat next to me isn’t a season ticket ticket and I have promised to take my neighbours lad to a premier league game but god knows how I am supposed to buy it, because it never comes up on the official website.
The club decided to release PL tickets for the first half of the season on one day back in July with a very weak form of criteria for the big games. I also think they hold a decent amount of tickets back to sell through tourist agencies at a premium.

times are tough
i could have got £120 on here selling at FV
for my two tickets ,adult.n junior.
maybe someone was tempted and did just that
I could have done the same and so could many others...

Selling to an opposition is a twatty thing to do.

A lot of blues are unaware of these FV sites. If Pep wants to call out the atmosphere being shite then he needs to speak to the tossers in the commercial team who decide to
a) charge a premium for matchday tickets
b) release tickets on one day without any form of criteria which attracts neutrals and tourists who don't contribute to the atmosphere.

The club needs to decide what's a priority, atmosphere or commercial revenue. We all know they're obsessed with selling cityzen memberships because it's easy revenue.
Thanks BlueMoonday. The Man City Fave Value Tickets & Travel Facebook page is great. Blues should ask for the seller to be vouched for on the page before buying.

There’s also a small allocation of tickets to Supporters Club Branches that Bluemooners should consider joining.

Yes, City doubled the number of Matchday members in the last reporting year and increased membershios is a KPI for our Directors. I agree that members with more points should be prioritised and I think past history if ticket buying is being used again in sales criteria. No doubt this can be improved but there are just not enough tickets to go around, we need the expanded North Stsnd asap.

Yes tickets are finding their ways to agencies and touts they should be minimised.Greed and necessity means it will never be completely eradicated.

All those things considered, it didn’t stop 50k or so regulars from getting behind the team. A combination of an early kick off time and a lack of passion on the day did that.

Thanks BlueMoonday. The Man City Fave Value Tickets & Travel Facebook page is great. Blues should ask for the seller to be vouched for on the page before buying.

There’s also a small allocation of tickets to Supporters Club Branches that Bluemooners should consider joining.

Yes, City doubled the number of Matchday members in the last reporting year and increased membershios is a KPI for our Directors. I agree that members with more points should be prioritised and I think past history if ticket buying is being used again in sales criteria. No doubt this can be improved but there are just not enough tickets to go around, we need the expanded North Stsnd asap.

Yes tickets are finding their ways to agencies and touts they should be minimised.Greed and necessity means it will never be completely eradicated.

All those things considered, it didn’t stop 50k or so regulars from getting behind the team. A combination of an early kick off time and a lack of passion on the day did that.
Thanks Tim, I know you do a lot of great work creating awareness and helping blues source tickets at FV. You are right. The early ko didn't help.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.