Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
Our atmosphere is no different to any other clubs home games. I think our away support is the best in the country.

Football is getting to expansive £60 plus the average ticket price. It's easy works out a £100 a game now.

I am funding it abit tough going at the moment. For the money I spend I want the atmosphere to be banging, I dont want to be sat around tourist, half n half scarfs or a young family. We try to get in the SS if we cant I dont really want to go !

I find with the price I pay I want to be sat where I want. In the past I would sit anywhere to watch City but being an FOC I want to let of steam, sing and shout etc. I am beginning to think £100, 12 hr car journey to sit around the quite areas I cant be arsed.

It's a shame as an FOC I've been through the shit times, love this club and team, but I feel I dont matter now. I dont spend enough money which is what it's all about. I buy a ticket and a beer that's me, dont buy from the club shop.

When we can get away tickets we jump at it, away days are fucking brilliant.

I've got spuds and palace tickets spuds is 322 closest we could get to the SS.

Its abit of a ramble this lol but sitting at home yesterday it was like a library at times. I dont want to spend my cash to be sitting in a library fucking freezing cold.

Perhaps I'm just wishing for the old days of cheaper tickets and a good day out , watching the game with other die hard City fans.

Ramble over lol

Our atmosphere is no different to any other clubs home games. I think our away support is the best in the country.

Football is getting to expansive £60 plus the average ticket price. It's easy works out a £100 a game now.

I am funding it abit tough going at the moment. For the money I spend I want the atmosphere to be banging, I dont want to be sat around tourist, half n half scarfs or a young family. We try to get in the SS if we cant I dont really want to go !

I find with the price I pay I want to be sat where I want. In the past I would sit anywhere to watch City but being an FOC I want to let of steam, sing and shout etc. I am beginning to think £100, 12 hr car journey to sit around the quite areas I cant be arsed.

It's a shame as an FOC I've been through the shit times, love this club and team, but I feel I dont matter now. I dont spend enough money which is what it's all about. I buy a ticket and a beer that's me, dont buy from the club shop.

When we can get away tickets we jump at it, away days are fucking brilliant.

I've got spuds and palace tickets spuds is 322 closest we could get to the SS.

Its abit of a ramble this lol but sitting at home yesterday it was like a library at times. I dont want to spend my cash to be sitting in a library fucking freezing cold.

Perhaps I'm just wishing for the old days of cheaper tickets and a good day out , watching the game with other die hard City fans.

Ramble over lol
Don't we all brother

Not saying that doesn't happen but with it being electronic now I'm not exactly sure how this would work? There's the option to transfer tickets but on the assumption the other person has a City account to pass it onto. Can't exactly sell it like that with an asterix stating they needed to have a City account. Or would they just forward an email on?

I suspect they've been sold by the club. Like the ones they clearly held back last year against the dippers.

They had a deal with Viagogo was it at one point? I've also seen on somebody's post a while back a mate's ticket was banned for selling on one of those sites so I have my suspicions the club still sell them like this too.
You upload the ticket to the third party and then the third party deals with it. That's how it has worked when I've bought tickets for gigs and the like.

It's a thriving industry. Musicians have been decrying it for years, I really don't see why City would go through all that hassle for money they're not declaring and a miniscule amount on the annual accounts.

Jesus wept.
I know, how dare I criticize Pep for constantly complaining about our home support. Once is enough Pep. We understand you'd like us to be loud and noisy for every home game. Unfortunately it doesn't always work that way in the PL. Not only at City, but at every PL ground. You should know that by now.

Criticizing him about his management, his team performances, and the trophies he's won is totally different. (Jesus wept!)

I wonder if Pep ever criticized Barcelona fans and their home support? 90,000 Barcelona fans sitting in silence in the Camp Nou with 1000's of tourists, day trippers, and glory hunters taking pictures and selfies, and not adding to the atmosphere.

As a whole our home support has been excellent this season. So when there is a dip in our home support for one match, Pep doesn't need to highlight it and mention it in his post match interview, does he?

Last edited:
I miss my ST in 115 but now I tend to go away games instead.
I sat in the CB recently and it was painful. Half the stand turned round and stared at me for singing. Like it was out of place.

Don't know what the issue is everyone knows who Posh Spice is
try standing up......you get hammered. The aggression is high too.......I've had some right goes at some blues shouting at me then they realise I'm no day tripper but a proper gobby gorton ****.

Even a few seconds standing up gets abuse sometimes

Can somebody tell me why there is less noise from the crowd at 12.30 than 3.00. Are people still tired, has the earlier breakfast upset them, are the vocal chords still dry from the night before, are the decibels in the stadium still half asleep because of the early morning dew?
Replies in technical terms only.

I am in the last bit of standing heading into the East Stand, and I do think the club needs to make it more clear for people buying tickets in that area that it probably isn't the best part of the ground for kid. This season alone we've had a young family who got fidgety about some of the language the lad next to me was using, and a young lad in front of me who covered his ears every time I sang (I'm pretty loud). Truly think that all are welcome at City, but I wouldn't go into the family stand full of beer, piss and vinegar and call Alexander-Arnold a **** all game but I similarly don't want to be policing my own behavior in the part of the ground where this sort of stuff is expected.

Also my own personal moan, but 10 year old kids are too big to be stood on seats all game.

Last edited:
Can somebody tell me why there is less noise from the crowd at 12.30 than 3.00. Are people still tired, has the earlier breakfast upset them, are the vocal chords still dry from the night before, are the decibels in the stadium still half asleep because of the early morning dew?
Replies in technical terms only.
Lack of beer? hangover? stupid time to watch football? Freezing cold?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.