Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
Can somebody tell me why there is less noise from the crowd at 12.30 than 3.00. Are people still tired, has the earlier breakfast upset them, are the vocal chords still dry from the night before, are the decibels in the stadium still half asleep because of the early morning dew?
Replies in technical terms only.
Less booze.

Can somebody tell me why there is less noise from the crowd at 12.30 than 3.00. Are people still tired, has the earlier breakfast upset them, are the vocal chords still dry from the night before, are the decibels in the stadium still half asleep because of the early morning dew?
Replies in technical terms only.

Alcohol makes fans more vocal. 5.30pm kick offs are testament to that. Spurs at home next Sunday at 4.30pm will also show that. You can probably say the same for 3pm kick offs, as it's 2 more hours drinking time.

Alcohol aside. It was a very nervy game. With City only leading by 1 goal, most of us knew the Scousers had at least one goal in them at some point during the match and it happened.

As others have pointed out, the Scousers barely sung at all, bar for 5 minutes after Liverpool scored. The Scousers were just as nervous as City fans.

Yesterday was probably more about not losing the game, as it was about winning the game.

I think the make up of the crowd makes a big difference as well as the lack of drinking time. In CB3 yesterday, the number of obviously foreign tourists in half and half scarves was amazing. These people are attending an event, they are not invested in the competing clubs and it does not mean as much to them. The club won’t tell the truth about it, but I suspect that far more tickets are sold as tourist packages for the big Category A games like yesterday, than for say Everton.

So us fans can discuss the lack of noise at a game but he can't. I'm not sure how much our manager knows about the ticket office.

Anyhow as mentioned there were enough 'normal ' fans in there to make more of a noise. Simple as that.
He’s perfectly entitled to mention it( he has done plenty of times). We’re also entitled to talk about the reasons for it. One of those is his Spanish mates constantly squeezing as much as they can out of what was a largely working class fan base. We’ve milked the corporate cow for all it’s worth and the result of that is a disconnect with a lot of the original fans and a shite atmosphere.

Obviously the same thing happened with utd years ago and a lot of their Manc fans stopped going. The price you pay for success and ultimately greed unfortunately.

I think the make up of the crowd makes a big difference as well as the lack of drinking time. In CB3 yesterday, the number of obviously foreign tourists in half and half scarves was amazing. These people are attending an event, they are not invested in the competing clubs and it does not mean as much to them. The club won’t tell the truth about it, but I suspect that far more tickets are sold as tourist packages for the big Category A games like yesterday, than for say Everton.
It's getting to the point for me with the tourists and var enough is enough.
You win I'll walk away and get your wish another seat you can sell to a prick who doesn't even know what football is but has some people watch him on YouTube

what went on in 315 yesterday, read that up there was some lad was getting punched about, maybe not a scouser either but a day tripper

I highly doubt that any more than a tiny minority of tickets ending up with tourists/ scousers, have come from City fans.

I saw a group of tourists showing their tickets to a steward for directions to their seats and I’d probably best describe them as similar to bus tickets.

Small, square shaped scrap of paper with a bar code at the top. Certainly not like any football ticket I’ve ever bought off City. Or anybody else for that matter.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.