Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
I’ve never seen more tourists at a City game than the semi against Madrid. We all know the farce involved with selling tickets for that game. However, the atmosphere was fantastic and it felt that almost every ‘proper’ blue in the ground that night sang their hearts out.

That's why I believe it's more down to how much is riding on the game. Yes, Liverpool is a big fixture but unlike days gone by the derby is no longer the biggest game of the season.

When I go round to my siblings they want to try and beat me at Mario Kart on the Switch. I've beaten them about 25 times in a row now and I'm almost bored of it. It's them insisting on getting it out to try and knock me off my perch. Not that I'll ever tire of beating the rags or dippers but over the course of a 38 game season and only a third of it gone it doesn't feel 'do or die'. The mentality of going to the game hoping to win as opposed to expecting to takes some shifting. If that's a knockout cup fixture or on a title run-in the atmosphere is completely different.

Atmosphere goes with the flow of the game sometimes, we go two nil up and we relax a bit and go into celebration mode, at one nil you are chewing a caramel with your arse every time they get near our box

What we don’t have is a full stand or full section full of constant singers. Watch any match in Italy, Germany, France, Poland, Holland, etc, and there’s always one full stand or one full section of singers.(Ultras and normal singers around them, grouped together) We‘ve got groups of singers dispersed in SSL1, 111, 110, 109 mixed in with people who join in the singing every now and then, say after a goal, and people who don’t sing at all. The solution, as we’ve discussed on numerous occasions, is to get all the singers together, hence the clamour for a proper and vocal NS home end.

Might help to explain why the atmosphere wasn't so great on Saturday and in future games. This is what we are as a club now - it stinks

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.