Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
I think it's similar throughout English top flight football, not just City.

You could put on a game in Argentina at 5 in the morning and the atmosphere would still be crazy. I think that's a cultural thing.

English football today definitely has a much more reserved atmosphere, especially premier league compared a lot of other places. There could be many reasons for that such as restrictions in the stadiums, people viewing it as just a day out like going to the cinema, ticket costs mostly affordable to those who may take it for granted. All sorts of reasons.

So I think when the atmosphere is somewhat reserved for the most part anyway, relatively speaking, it becomes really noticeable that it's very flat when it's even more reserved, which some days it is.

It's not that we or other teams here can't create great atmospheres, we have seen it. But for the most part I think the Premier League is rather flat when you compare it to some other places.

People talk about places like St James Park, Elland Road or Anfield having great atmospheres but it's bollocks, they're just like any other ground here. The fans wake up when something happens. Being at Anfield is not like being at River Plate or Galatasaray is it?
The English are just not as energetic as some other nationalities tbh, we don't have the same passion for the game as fans from abroad do. It's definitely a cultural thing.

I’ve never seen more tourists at a City game than the semi against Madrid. We all know the farce involved with selling tickets for that game. However, the atmosphere was fantastic and it felt that almost every ‘proper’ blue in the ground that night sang their hearts out.

Put thousands of affordable tickets on sale and find a way to ensure they go in to the right hands. The latter is difficult but I think you’d see a more passionate atmosphere quite easily.

Hamburg home in the Quarters of the Europa League (or whatever it was called back then) was truly special. My ticket was about £5.

You going to start your song lol
I’ll give it a go mate ha ha

How? On paper there isn't. We all know it doesn't work like that though. You accept it and it's why people turn up in numbers to watch sport. Just because we have the best team in Europe we should have the best fans in Europe? Think it's you that's talking bollocks.

Another 'lol'er. Don't need to say any more.
Glad you’re happy then if that’s how you feel. You have a lovely day

Jesus, you still at it 3 days later? We get it. Peps a **** for trying to rouse the stadium into making noise. Move on, mate. This criticism of him is fucking way overboard now.

He was trying to rouse the Tunnel Club. ;-) I didn't see him doing it from SSL1.

Next time he needs to run over to SSL1, give it the bigun to us, and run back to his technical area.

The English are just not as energetic as some other nationalities tbh, we don't have the same passion for the game as fans from abroad do. It's definitely a cultural thing.
I think passion is the wrong word, as a nation we are slightly reserved, it take a lot to get us going, and as many have found out a lot to stop us when we do, but you can’t argue that your average City fan is not more passionate than your average South American fan, we just have different ways of showing it

Put thousands of affordable tickets on sale and find a way to ensure they go in to the right hands. The latter is difficult but I think you’d see a more passionate atmosphere quite easily.

Hamburg home in the Quarters of the Europa League (or whatever it was called back then) was truly special. My ticket was about £5.

It was £15 for adults, £5 for concessions. It was absolutely immense the noise that day but it's worth stating that most people didn't get into the ground until kick off as they were all sinking pints at the local establishment and there were huge queues to get in! Pricing is a big part of things, but there also has to be an acceptance that sometimes it's just one of those days and the sting isn't quite there. Maybe Pep could have called us out pre-match to hype us up, rather than post-match.

Some 12.30 kick offs are great, and others will be flat. It's the ebb and flow of football in this country. I can see why Pep was frustrated with it, we will be in for it when we get to Anfield. But he's also seen us stick it to them plenty of times before, even in April for the early kick off when the stakes were higher with it being the run in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.