Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
If anyone thinks the Kippax was a boiling, seething, cauldron of excitement and atmosphere at every single game, then their memory is completely shot, and they are sadly mistaken. We are no worse or no better than the vast majority of other PL teams.

Pep needs to take his head out of his arse on this one and shut the fuck up. I don't care who he is, or what he has won, but he needs to stop repeatedly criticising the loyal fans the club has and stop giving ammunition and oxygen to our critics and enemies. He's out of order. We will all still be here when he and his mates have long gone.
Not saying it was a cauldron of atmosphere back then but with nothing to shout about watching dire football they made a bloody good effort and when they did have something to shout about they raised the roof.

If anyone thinks the Kippax was a boiling, seething, cauldron of excitement and atmosphere at every single game, then their memory is completely shot, and they are sadly mistaken. We are no worse or no better than the vast majority of other PL teams.

Pep needs to take his head out of his arse on this one and shut the fuck up. I don't care who he is, or what he has won, but he needs to stop repeatedly criticising the loyal fans the club has and stop giving ammunition and oxygen to our critics and enemies. He's out of order. We will all still be here when he and his mates have long gone.
Love this!! Spot on mate.

Reactions: PPT
I think it's similar throughout English top flight football, not just City.

You could put on a game in Argentina at 5 in the morning and the atmosphere would still be crazy. I think that's a cultural thing.

English football today definitely has a much more reserved atmosphere, especially premier league compared a lot of other places. There could be many reasons for that such as restrictions in the stadiums, people viewing it as just a day out like going to the cinema, ticket costs mostly affordable to those who may take it for granted. All sorts of reasons.

So I think when the atmosphere is somewhat reserved for the most part anyway, relatively speaking, it becomes really noticeable that it's very flat when it's even more reserved, which some days it is.

It's not that we or other teams here can't create great atmospheres, we have seen it. But for the most part I think the Premier League is rather flat when you compare it to some other places.

People talk about places like St James Park, Elland Road or Anfield having great atmospheres but it's bollocks, they're just like any other ground here. The fans wake up when something happens. Being at Anfield is not like being at River Plate or Galatasaray is it?

A lot of people on here are blaming "tourists" for the atmosphere. Meanwhile, every time I am at the Etihad, I see a lot of locals being there out of habit for social purposes, eating, drinking, going on their phones, leaving early, doing everything but singing. Usually, I am the only one trying to get a chant going, and I am not a local. The point is, too many here are pointing fingers, forgetting that our best atmosphere last season came against Bayern and Real, the two games widely criticised for selling a lot of tickets to the tourist, the same people who travel from abroad to see the game, and stay to the end to applaud the team. Sure, most will probably not initiate a chant, but to blame them for our atmosphere is laughable. Of course, I am not talking about people not even following City and simply being there to post an Instagram story. Or worse, the opposition fans in our sectors. I would report these to the nearest steward or send one of those anonymous texts. Overall, everyone should just make an effort wherever they sit because the so-called "tourists" are here to stay. Making City a global team is a good thing. If it wasn't for them, our home CL group stages games wouldn't sell out, and the attendance overall would be much worse.
Spot on mate, blaming tourists is the easy way out, We have around 35k season ticket holders who are mainly locals so the atmosphere should be better even if we have a bunch of selfie stick knobheads around the stadium

I think it's similar throughout English top flight football, not just City.

You could put on a game in Argentina at 5 in the morning and the atmosphere would still be crazy. I think that's a cultural thing.

English football today definitely has a much more reserved atmosphere, especially premier league compared a lot of other places. There could be many reasons for that such as restrictions in the stadiums, people viewing it as just a day out like going to the cinema, ticket costs mostly affordable to those who may take it for granted. All sorts of reasons.

So I think when the atmosphere is somewhat reserved for the most part anyway, relatively speaking, it becomes really noticeable that it's very flat when it's even more reserved, which some days it is.

It's not that we or other teams here can't create great atmospheres, we have seen it. But for the most part I think the Premier League is rather flat when you compare it to some other places.

People talk about places like St James Park, Elland Road or Anfield having great atmospheres but it's bollocks, they're just like any other ground here. The fans wake up when something happens. Being at Anfield is not like being at River Plate or Galatasaray is it?
We are constantly bending over backwards. Shit kick off times, ticket allocation shite, club not taking on the media with the charges shite. Then we have our manager throwing us under the bus and guess what, we just take it. Bollocks! 1894 Club and supporters clubs for years have tried to improve the atmosphere and the club don’t listen. So instead of us turning on the club, we turn on each other. Sod that, let’s show our voices and tell them to do one! No blue should be even using the words ‘poor support’ Pep, knows shit about us as fans. Goes on about history of the players at the club, look at the fans history. Poor support, my arse…. Can see the papers tomorrow, ‘Pep gets response he wanted from fans’ bollocks! We should sing Pep a song… “ gonna cry in a minute’

Reactions: PPT
Put thousands of affordable tickets on sale and find a way to ensure they go in to the right hands. The latter is difficult but I think you’d see a more passionate atmosphere quite easily.

Hamburg home in the Quarters of the Europa League (or whatever it was called back then) was truly special. My ticket was about £5.

He’s a perfectionist. He wants more noise more atmosphere. He’s not pissed me off. The sublime football we play warrants an amazing atmosphere even if we play at 2 in the morning. It’s a dire atmosphere at times and he’s right. It’s not much better elsewhere with new stadia. It can be like a morgue at times. Away support is amazing home support a lot of the time is dire. These are facts. A Kippax that never had anything to shout about would embrace this fine world class side.

It doesn't work like that though does it? There's no way that team should lose away at lose at Wolves but they did. Am I meant to be a different fan to the one that watched all the drivel?

For somebody that's a perfectionist I think his comments are more harmful than helpful. He comes across as being of reasonable intelligence so he is either ignorant or naïve to how his comments will be utilised.

I don't know where Pep plays his golf but if their course manager came out publicly a few times a year knocking him I'm sure he'd be looking to play his golf elsewhere regardless of how well the fairways and greens are maintained. It's a liberty as he knows we can't do that.

We literally made one of the best teams in England and the greatest team in Europe crumble with our atmosphere last season. The other fans and media never mention that because Pep gives them these comments instead.

It doesn't work like that though does it? There's no way that team should lose away at lose at Wolves but they did. Am I meant to be a different fan to the one that watched all the drivel?

For somebody that's a perfectionist I think his comments are more harmful than helpful. He comes across as being of reasonable intelligence so he is either ignorant or naïve to how his comments will be utilised.

I don't know where Pep plays his golf but if their course manager came out publicly a few times a year knocking him I'm sure he'd be looking to play his golf elsewhere regardless of how well the fairways and greens are maintained. It's a liberty as he knows we can't do that.

We literally made one of the best teams in England and the greatest team in Europe crumble with our atmosphere last season. The other fans and media never mention that because Pep gives them these comments instead.
There’s no way that team should lose at wolves. What a load of bollocks you spouted there lol

We are constantly bending over backwards. Shit kick off times, ticket allocation shite, club not taking on the media with the charges shite. Then we have our manager throwing us under the bus and guess what, we just take it. Bollocks! 1894 Club and supporters clubs for years have tried to improve the atmosphere and the club don’t listen. So instead of us turning on the club, we turn on each other. Sod that, let’s show our voices and tell them to do one! No blue should be even using the words ‘poor support’ Pep, knows shit about us as fans. Goes on about history of the players at the club, look at the fans history. Poor support, my arse…. Can see the papers tomorrow, ‘Pep gets response he wanted from fans’ bollocks! We should sing Pep a song… “ gonna cry in a minute’
You going to start your song lol

There’s no way that team should lose at wolves. What a load of bollocks you spouted there lol

How? On paper there isn't. We all know it doesn't work like that though. You accept it and it's why people turn up in numbers to watch sport. Just because we have the best team in Europe we should have the best fans in Europe? Think it's you that's talking bollocks.

Another 'lol'er. Don't need to say any more.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.